We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

solo female: help with 6-night itinerary, activities?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
247 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
solo female: help with 6-night itinerary, activities?

hey all! After 8-9 days between Nicaragua & northern Costa Rica, I arrive to San Jose to take a flight to Puerto Jimenez.

Spending 6 nights in Osa Peninsula from *August 16-22* (Blue Osa retreat, to be exact). Planning to take day trips to:

-UVITA: Parque Nacional Marino Ballena for snorkeling and/or diving; Oro Verde Biological Reserve for the wildlife/hiking.

-MAYBE a half-day hike to Matapalo, horseback riding OR chocolate to her. Still unsure which one to pick…

-Osa Peninsula diving (probably Drake Bay and/or Isla Caño).

-waterfall rappelling and tree climbing tour (Blue Osa didn't say exact location, but it sounds exciting!)

Do you think these are viable options, given that I'm arriving during the height of rainy season?

Any other reserves or day trips that you recommend instead of the ones mentioned? I really would like to see some exotic wildlife at least one of the days.

Thank you so much in advance!

1. Re: solo female: help with 6-night itinerary, activities?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2015, 07:16