We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

please advise best accomodation at Iguana Lodge

Boston
5 posts
Save Topic
please advise best accomodation at Iguana Lodge

Honeymooners who love hammock, ocean view. Which cabin or room should we ask for? and should we go upstairs or downstairs? THanks so much for your advice.

Bolita Hostel
Bolita Hostel
#1 of 22 Speciality lodging in Puerto Jimenez
Saladero Eco Lodge
Saladero Eco Lodge
#1 of 12 Speciality lodging in Golfito
Mohagine Hotel
Mohagine Hotel
#1 of 49 Speciality lodging in Drake Bay
Panajachel...
Level Contributor
735 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: please advise best accomodation at Iguana Lodge

I've been to Iguana Lodge a couple of times and stayed at the adjacent Pearl as well. The rooms I had at Iguana were on the ground floor and had a wonderful outdoor shower. There might be a bit more of a view from upstairs. Otherwise I don't remember much of a difference.

The Pearl is good for drinks and hanging out. The food at Iguana is GREAT! Say "Hello" to Toby.

Bruce Morris

Mentioned in this post
Iguana Lodge
Iguana Lodge
455 Reviews
Puerto Jimenez, Costa Rica
San Isidro del...
Level Contributor
938 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: please advise best accomodation at Iguana Lodge

I have only stayed in an upper room at Iguana. It was very nice and had a lovely patio to sit on. The showers were a little tricky but there is hot water. The lower ones don't have much of a view because of the foliage. Just tell them what type of room you want and that you are honeymooners, hopefully they can set you up with a nice one. I highly recommend Salsa lessons next door at the Pearl.

Like Bruce, I thought the food was very good. Jose is a wonderful chef. He was nice enough to give me his stuffed avocado recipe. You will eat lunch next door at the Pearl and the food is good there as well.

Tell them Sue Humphrey said hi too. I am way past due to go back there.

Mentioned in this post
Iguana Lodge
Iguana Lodge
455 Reviews
Puerto Jimenez, Costa Rica
3. Re: please advise best accomodation at Iguana Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 06:25