We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving to Carate, then Puerto Jimenez

Level Contributor
2 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
Driving to Carate, then Puerto Jimenez

Hello Ticos and tourists

I was wondering about the driving conditions right now between San Jose and Puerto Jimenez, then between PJ and Carate/Corcovado? I am driving in a Solid rental Montero with my family of 6 (tight fit) at the end of this week. Thanks. Also any tips for lunch on the way (Dominical?) or pretty spots to pull over and enjoy the beauty.

Fraser

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
15,752 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Driving to Carate, then Puerto Jimenez

The road between Puerto Jimenez and Carate was improved when we were there in June of 2013, and in February, it should be easy to drive, specially in Suzuki Jimny. Be careful when fording the rivers as if it will rain the river might be too high to cross. Check its depth before driving in.

12. Re: Driving to Carate, then Puerto Jimenez

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2015, 01:15
Get answers to your questions about Carate