We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing in the Park

way north
Level Contributor
46 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing in the Park

I plan to carry my surf fishing gear with me while we tour the Osa next winter. Looking for a little help if possible.

Do people fish from the shore in the park (legal)?

Are there fisherman doing this near Drake, Carate, or Matapalo?

My intention is to tour around the Osa and surf fish whatever I can get to. Including walking the park shoreline.

Any locational info would be very helpful.

Thanks

Jeff

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,047 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing in the Park

Fishing or hunting inside of a National Park is not legal...if you get caught by the park rangers you can get involved in a very ugly legal situation...

You can fish at Carate or Drakes bay not a problem...

Different rules apply in a National Park shore lines...

Luis Road Advisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing in the Park

People fish from shore most everywhere in fact I met the Sirena station ranger fishing for snook on the beach.

Shore fishing is great in Drakes and near the breal of Rio Claro.

Jigs and plugs and fish the color change of our going rivers.

North Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
945 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing in the Park

We were told by Aquila de Osa, La Paloma and our fishing guides this past year at Crocodile Bay that fishing is illegal from the national park shores and beaches. Even if national park guides fish from the shore, I wouldn't - especially if I were from another country.

4. Re: Fishing in the Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 00:19
Get answers to your questions about Corcovado National Park