We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lapas Rios or Bosque Del Cabo: Ecotourism and Beds

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
97 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Lapas Rios or Bosque Del Cabo: Ecotourism and Beds

I am trying to decide between Lapas Rios and Bosque Del Cabo for 4 nights for my honeymoon. I have some specific questions.

1. Lapas Rios advertisies that they are eco-conscious and practice sustainable methods. Does anybody know if Bosque Del Cabo has the same commitment? We are trying very hard to reduce the carbon footprint of our wedding, so it seems we should continue on our honeymoon.

2. Can anybody compare the comfort of the beds? I've got a bad back, so a good bed is important if I'm going to be hiking.

Panajachel...
Level Contributor
731 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lapas Rios or Bosque Del Cabo: Ecotourism and Beds

I have stayed in both but have no idea how eco conscious either place REALLY is. Lapa Rios is quite a bit more luxurious and had great beds when I was there. I saw three different types of monkeys without even getting out of bed.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lapas Rios or Bosque Del Cabo: Ecotourism and Beds

You can read all about Bosque's practices at their website - osapixels.com/boscabo/…index.html Very eco-conscious lodge.

Can't compare the beds, but I know at Bosque they are so comfy and I ended up buying the same brand of sheets they had cause I liked them so much.

Colorado
Level Contributor
176 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lapas Rios or Bosque Del Cabo: Ecotourism and Beds

I stayed at Bosque and there is all kinds of information in your room about what they're doing to be environmentally conscious. The man who originally bought the land bought it to preserve the rainforest and seems to be doing everything possible to be eco-friendly. I also appreciated that he employs primarily locals who are able to put their money back into the local economy. One night we were there they had a free presentation by a young woman involved with a large cat preservation. Bosque has allowed them to put movement activated cameras on one of their trails to record and study animal activity. My overall impression was one of admiration for what they're doing.

The beds were very comfortable for us. I don't have a bad back, but they were as comfortable as something at a Westin or Hilton resort, INMO.

4. Re: Lapas Rios or Bosque Del Cabo: Ecotourism and Beds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 05:23