We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging at La Sirena - August 2010

London, UK
Level Contributor
110 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging at La Sirena - August 2010

Hi all!

We are three spending 3 days of our adventure in Costa Rica in the Corcovado National Park in August. By what I read, I understand that lodging at la Sirena a couple of nights and moving from there would be a good idea. However, we won't have camping equipement with us so I would like to book beds for then. Can anyone give me any guidance of how this booking can be done?

Thank you!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
8,842 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging at La Sirena - August 2010

Check out http://www.corcovado.org/ You should also do a search for Corcovado guides on this site. We used osa aventura and had a great time, www.osaaventura.com Hope you heard about the latest restrictions at Corcovado: no night hikes and no canoe trips allowed on the Rio Sirena. No hiking Sirena to San Pedrillo

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,017 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging at La Sirena - August 2010

You can search also here at the forum for ...jaguarmen...he is the person that can hlep you making all your plans to your Corcovado tour!

roadadvisor

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
811 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging at La Sirena - August 2010

This website will tell you everything you need to know about hiking in Corcovado and making reservations, along with any current news: http://www.corcovadoguide.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the page, Park Costs and Permit Procurement

The easiest thing to do is have them make the reservations for you. It costs $30, but it's totally worth it -- and it's easy.

In addition to reserving beds at Sirena, I'd highly recommend the meals. They're a bit pricey, but so worth it to have them provided. And they're very filling and tasty.

Puerto Jimenez...
Level Contributor
354 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging at La Sirena - August 2010

It is most easiest to pay the $30 booking fee that Plumboy mentions as this company will secure your permits, and take care of the reservation for you. But, if you wanted to make the arrangements yourself, here is how to do it...

1. visit the ranger station in Puerto Jimenez and make your reservation (or email pncorcovado@gmail.com up to 30 days before your stay)

2. make your payment for lodging and food at the local Banco National and bring this receipt back to the ranger station which will give you your confirmation for your stay.

Meals:

$15 Breakfast

$20 each for Lunch and Dinner

Camping is $4 and you can rent tents in Puerto Jimenez. Sleeping in the dorm room is $8, be sure to bring a sleeping sheet or sarong to throw over the mattress.

Enjoy the magic that is Corcovado

Pura Vida

Ballardo Diaz - Marine Biologist/Jungle Guide Corocovado, Osa, La Amistad

5. Re: Lodging at La Sirena - August 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2011, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Corcovado National Park