We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best places around P Jimenez, Cabo Matapalo or Carate???

West Hills
1 post
Save Topic
Best places around P Jimenez, Cabo Matapalo or Carate???

Hi

What are the best lodges to see Jungle life. But also be able to sleep in a little after all this is vacation right? I am not really a late sleeper and am usually up by 7:00ish. Some of the reviews I have read have me wondering if this is possible? I know this is a bit of an paradox. Any advice is appreciated.

I really like the looks of Iguana Inn, Cabo Bosque and Lookout Inn............

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best places around P Jimenez, Cabo Matapalo or Carate???

It's true sleeping in can be tough with the howlers and sun up early. But since it gets dark by 6 most people are to bed early too. I think you're on the right track with your choices with Iguana giving you a beach location for swimming, Bosque for wildlife and Carate lodges (you might like La Leona too) if you want to hike Corcovado.

Mentioned in this post
Carate
Carate
Corcovado National Park, Costa Rica
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,929 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best places around P Jimenez, Cabo Matapalo or Carate???

If you are looking for a simple place...ISEAMI lodge in Carate ...

For a great experience...Lapa Rios...hard to find anything better!

roadadvisor

Mentioned in this post
Carate
Carate
St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best places around P Jimenez, Cabo Matapalo or Carate???

I would look into Bosque del Cabo in the Matapalo area; tons of wildlife although there is no controlling the howlers if they decide to let loose at 5am! Keep in mind though that most places like this guests turn in around 9pm, so it's not so bad . If you're looking into staying in the Carate area, check out Lookout Inn or closer to the park La Leona Eco Lodge.

Mentioned in this post
Carate
Carate
Puerto Jimenez...
Level Contributor
354 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best places around P Jimenez, Cabo Matapalo or Carate???

In the area around Rio Piro, I'd suggest Bosque de Cabo (or El Romanso, however, Bosque gets better reviews). In Carate, I'd suggest La Leona Eco Lodge as it's in a really nice spot about 300 meters from the Park Entrance, and on the beach. Some people really love Luna Lodge in Carate, but it's kinda a hike from the beach up on a hill. I'd try to stay outside of Puerto Jimenez if you can, it will be cooler and more relaxing IMHO.

Pura Vida,

Ballardo Diaz - Jungle Guide - Osa, Corcovado, Drake Bay, La Amistad

http://www.facebook.com/jaguarmans.adventures

jaguardman@hotmail.com

Mentioned in this post
Carate
Carate
Puerto Jimenez
Puerto Jimenez
Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica
Drake Bay
Drake Bay
Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica
5. Re: Best places around P Jimenez, Cabo Matapalo or Carate???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2011, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Corcovado National Park