We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone need an extra person La Leona/Sirena/Los Patos

Matapalo
3 posts
Save Topic
Anyone need an extra person La Leona/Sirena/Los Patos

I want to go into Corcovado on September 3 coming out on the 5th but it's only me and I would like to join a small group with a guide that has jungle knowledge and respect for the wildlife.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone need an extra person La Leona/Sirena/Los Patos

You might try sending a private message to Ballardo Diaz - he is an excellent guide for Corcovado and he might be able to put you with one of his groups. He writes here as jaguardman which is how you would send the private message to him.

Matapalo
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone need an extra person La Leona/Sirena/Los Patos

thanks - know him. Kinda expensive. It's just so iffy this time of year with the Rio Claro and the weather. No one from Matapalo wants to go :(

Edited: 10 August 2011, 02:53
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,644 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone need an extra person La Leona/Sirena/Los Patos

I was ready to suggest Ballardo...he is unique...such a great guide and he really knows the park area almost better than anybody else!

roadadvisor

denmark
Level Contributor
628 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone need an extra person La Leona/Sirena/Los Patos

you could contact Surcos tours and see if they have a group??

http://www.surcostours.com/index.php

Kirsten

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
811 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone need an extra person La Leona/Sirena/Los Patos

I would also post over at the Lonely Planet ThornTree forum -- I found people to hike with over there. And definitely contact Nito at Surcos as well as Ballardo. If you feel really energetic, you can try sending emails to all of the lodges in the area also -- I did that. Might as well throw the net wide...

Matapalo
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone need an extra person La Leona/Sirena/Los Patos

thank you so much for all the fabulous replies! I greatly appreciate it!

7. Re: Anyone need an extra person La Leona/Sirena/Los Patos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 18:16
Get answers to your questions about Corcovado National Park