We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corcovado Expeditions

Kansas City
Level Contributor
355 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Corcovado Expeditions

We recently returned from Costa Rica, and we were thrilled by the service and experience provided by Corcovado Expeditions. I'll admit we were a little concerned about sending money to a company in another country wondering if anything would be as promised. Not only was everything as promised, our experience exceeded our expectations.

Our guide, Kenneth Mora, met us at Pamar Sur airport and took excellent care of us from arrival until he accompanied us and made sure we were safely at our next destination. Kenneth (www.corcovadoinfocenter.com) works closely with Carlos of C.E.

We booked a 3 day/2night adventure at the Sirena Ranger Station. We had specific requests regarding transportation modes and times, and they made everything happen. Kenneth is an excellent guide. His skills locating wildlife in the rain forest are amazing. There is no way we would have seen very much without him. In addition to teaching us about the wildlife and plants, Kenneth taught us a lot about Costa Rica history, culture and daily life. It was fun just hanging out and talking. We also noticed Kenneth has a very good working relationship with the staff at the ranger station. We hope to return to Sirena with our children and hope Kenneth can once again accompany us when we do.

Thank you Corcovado Expeditions and Kenneth Mora for making our adventure to Corcovado National Park the best part of our Costa Rican experience!

Margaret and Mark

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,474 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Corcovado Expeditions

Good report...thank you and good to know about Cosrcovado Expeditions...

roadadvisor

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Corcovado Expeditions

Thanks for the feedback!

Drake Bay, Costa...
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Corcovado Expeditions

Dear Margaret,

Thank you for your words and review!

We are more than happy to be able to share part of your Costa Rica vacation with you... as well of seeing you again sometime in the near future.

Once again thank you for sharing your Corcovado Experience with us!

Best regards,

Carlos Gonzalez

Corcovado Expeditions

Drake Bay.

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
5,557 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Corcovado Expeditions

We had an excellent experience with Kenneth as well. He helped us track a group of peccaries by smell.

Jacksonville, FL
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Corcovado Expeditions

I can strongly recommend Rodolfo Gutierrez, rodolfosaenz@hotmail.com. His ability to spot wildlife by sound, smell, sight, knowledge of habitat, was awesome. He was into it, too. We stalked a puma thru the jungle and saw all kinds of wildlife. Great fun!

Cairo, Egypt
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Corcovado Expeditions

I just got back from Costa Rica and used Corcovado Expeditions to book half my trip, It was an unforgettable experience. Thank you Carlos for everything. I strongly recommend this tour operator.

Drake Bay, Costa...
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Corcovado Expeditions

Thanks to you Alaa, for allowing us to arrange part of your Costa Rica trip !

We are very glad that everything went well on this trip specially knowing that it was your honey moon!

Best regards,

Carlos Gonzalez

London, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Corcovado Expeditions

Corcovado Expeditions arranged a 4 day (5 night) bird-watching trip for me to the Osa Peninsula in Feb. 2012. all my costs were included except for taxis in San Jose, I spoke to the owner, Carlos Gonzalez, on Skype, several times and found him very helpful.

He arranged my first night in San Jose at a charming downtown hotel. and my flight to Sierpe the next morning, where I was met by my birding guide, who turned out to be his father, also named Carlos. Carlos took good care of me and was a great guide. He knows the birds of the region and their calls.

After an afternoon and morning of birding, he accompanied me to Drake Bay where he works as a nature guide for a luxury eco-lodge. My accommodation at the Ojala hotel was definitely not luxurious but the bed was comfortable, the food was good, and the owner was helpful.

Carlos spent most of the next three days with me, and arranged a trip into Corcovado National Park with another guide and a small group.

The adventure was highly successful for me. I saw many birds including some endemics. This is definitely the place to see Scarlet Macaws.

The only criticism I have of the company is that they were unable to send me the itinerary in advance, apparently because of some e-mail problem. This left me worried that I might have sent them money and that they might not deliver as promised. My concerns were alleviated when they sent a messanger to the hotel in San Jose with the e-tickt for my flight and the plan for the rest of the trip.

If I ever get another opportunity to go birding in Costa Rica, my first choice of agent would be Corcovado Expeditions.

9. Re: Corcovado Expeditions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2013, 09:30
Get answers to your questions about Corcovado National Park