We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beating the heat

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
10 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Beating the heat

I know there's going to be heat & humidity on our 3 day Corcovado hike.

That said, I was wondering if anyone has tips/tricks, that perhaps I might not have considered, to minimizing exposure and exhaustion.

Hat, sunglasses, water, water, water, rest...

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
Level Contributor
4,219 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beating the heat

Yup, water, water, water.

In dry heat, I would probably suggest light clothes that cover most of your body. However, i find such clothes absolutely unbearable in hot, humid conditions.

For me, it's water, water, and more water.

Of course, a hat that provides some shade to your face and sunglasses are also quite good to have...

Finally, don't overdo it. Know your own limitations and don't push yourself. If you feel tired or weak, take a break, preferably in the shade.

2. Re: Beating the heat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2013, 10:20
Get answers to your questions about Corcovado National Park