We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bosque del Cabo questions

Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bosque del Cabo questions

Hubby and I are going to BDC at the end of April and I have a few questions.

Are the cabinas open air? I'm trying to figure out how all the "critters" get inside.

Is there a huge difference between the deluxe and standard cabinas?

What is the proper attire for dinner? I'm trying to pack lightly......for the first time in my life.

What type of drinks (alcohol) do they serve. I am a huge wine fan, but my hubby likes beer and mixed (fruity) drinks. Also what is the average price of drinks there?

Thanks in advance

philadelphia
Level Contributor
27 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bosque del Cabo questions

Just returned from 3 nights at BDC at the end of our 2 week CR trip. It is beautiful with birds, monkeys and other creatures. The cabinas are open air, but the bugs were not oppressive and we used our mosquito net at night. There is a breeze, but is still hot and humid. The outdoor shower(which I used several times a day) was great! The pool, though small, is a delightful way to cool off after a morning hike

There is no 'proper' attire at dinner. Some dressed up a little, but most just wore shorts and tees.

The serve most drinks you would want. The fruit drinks are great- Price is $4.-6. Beer is about $2 if I remember correctly.

Staff is very helpful and pleasant.

Keep in mind that the early am hikes are best for veiwing animals and birds. The trails on site are challenging and interesting.

Hope that helps

minneapolis
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bosque del Cabo questions

The cabinas are as open as you want them to be. The doors and windows close, but you won't want them closed all the time. We stayed in Mariposa, and if you can get that one, I would strongly encourage you to take it- gorgeous and private and an outdoor tub in addition to an outdoor shower. Great bar, and yes, dinner is as casual or as dressy as you like. You'll love it!

Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bosque del Cabo questions

Thanks for the input.....I just finalized my flight plans. I am soooo excited I can hardly stand it! April 23-29 BDC....here I come!

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
53 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bosque del Cabo questions

Moonpie,

Even if you close the cabina doors, the critters can get in under the doors and through the thatch in the roof. We used flashlights at night, kept the doors closed and didn't use the netting around the bed and never had critter issues while we slept. We had 4 geckos in and around the cabina which never bothered us.

There is no proper attire for dinner. Wear whatever you like. I recommend quick dry shirts, shorts and socks for the trip.

They have all kinds of mixed drinks and there is a special each day that is good. All the mixed drinks were strong (2 shots) except the blended ones which seemed weaker. I tried and liked all of their fruity drinks. They also have Imperial and Corona for beer lovers. The bartenders are great and could make you just about anything I believe.

We stayed for 6 nights and probably averaged about 4 drinks a night and 2 sodas during the day. Our bar bill was $88. It seemed very reasonable.

Have a good time.

Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
80 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bosque del Cabo questions

EDH,

Thanks for the info. I was considering getting some wine in town or maybe something at the airport. Is there ice available if you want to make your own drinks during the day? $88 dollars does sound very reasonable for your bar bill. We also will be staying for 6 days at the end of April.

One more question.....We could only get a standard cabina without moving. We could move for the last 3 days to a deluxe cabina. Is the deluxe cabina worth the trouble? I can't imagine that we will be spending a tremendous amount inside.

I can't wait for this trip!!!

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
53 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bosque del Cabo questions

I know that they have ice so I would bet that they would let you take some with you although I didn't see anyone do this while we were there.

You do end up spending time in your cabina after dinner and before bed. We ended up taking flashlights and going for night hikes. I am not sure of the differenct between standard and deluxe, but if you have a garden cabina and don't want to walk far and across the bridge at night, you may want to think about moving.

7. Re: Bosque del Cabo questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Jimenez