We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Bambu

New Albany, Indiana
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Casa Bambu

I stayed at Casa Bambu during the first week in March. It will definitely be a vacation that will go down in history. I have previously visited the Quepos/Manual Antonio area and have to say that they were both enjoyable - but the Osa was beautiful beyond belief. Before I leased Casa Bambu - I searched this board for information and did not have much luck. It surprised me because - on previous searches for other lodges I had no problems. However let me assure you that if you go to Casa Bambu - or any of the other houses from the website (casabambu-beach-house-rentals.com/index.shtml) You will have the time of your life. It is rustic living - so if you do not like the outdoors - this is not your place. However, if you are like me, That is what I wanted to experience. It was the perfect blend of simple modern conveniences with the natural rainforest at your doorstep. There were scarlet macaws in our yard everyday by the dozens. Our alarm was the sound of the howler monkeys every morning. from the bed you could watch as the sun began to rise turning the skies pink, orange, purple and blue. The Spider and squirrel monkeys visited everyday. I know this seems to good to be true, I would not have believed it myself had I not experienced it. The kitchen was nicely equipped and the bathroom very spacious. One thing I have always struggled with in Costa Rica was finding a comfortable bed. The beds in Casa Bambu were wonderful. Very comfortable. We took a morning fishing trip with Tres Peces - just a short walk up the road. We were out for just 4 hours and caught yellow fin tuna which we brought home for a couple dinners and a 9' Sailfish! If you go this is a must! The caretakers were very kind and pleasant and if requested, would help you in anyway. Lyn and Kirk (the owners) were very helpful before leaving - sending lots of information to ensure our trip was enjoyable and so there would be no surprises. Upon return they were both very accommodating as well. We will definitely return to Casa Bambu. If you have any questions or want anymore information about our stay - Please email me @ scott4335@aol.com. Otherwise - go ahead and book it - I made the right decision and so should you!

Surcos Tours
Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Rancho Tropical
Walking Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Horseback Riding Tours
Osa Wild
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Eco Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Hiking Trails
Corcovado Hiking Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Day Trips
lakeland, florida
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Bambu

Scott: We are going to Casa Bambu and wish to off shore fish as well. Do you recall who you fished with while you were there, and the price for a 1/2 day charter? Thanks for any info you can offer.

Everett, Washington
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Bambu

from washington state. we don't deal with snakes/spiders/ flying things on a regular basis. like the outdoors, but what about critters in casa? what can we expect? kc

3. Re: Casa Bambu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 22:16
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Jimenez