We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PJ to Carate?

Which Puerto Jimenez hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
46 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
PJ to Carate?

I am flying into Puerto Jiminez sometime in the morning (probably the second flight of the day). Because I am traveling by myself, the cost of a taxi to Carate is prohibitive (I'd rather spend the money on a hike or a birding tour). What time does the collectivo leave PJ in the afternoon (and will there be one in the afternoon the last week of May)? Where does it leave from and is there a decent restaurant nearby where I can wait? What time does it leave Carate to return to PJ?

Thanks so much for the assistance

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PJ to Carate?

The colectivo leaves at 6am and 1:30 every day from PJ. It leaves from the soda on the corner next to the Super 96 (grocery store). It usually runs unless the rivers are too high from too much rain. You could grab a bite there at the soda while waiting or walk the 2-3 blocks up main street to Carolina's, they always have good food. The return is 8 & 3:30 but double check those times.

Puerto Jimenez...
Level Contributor
354 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PJ to Carate?

The Super 96 market is no longer on main street. It has moved one block to a new AC building. This building is across the street from the soda (restaurant) where the collectivo stop is. As midori says, it leaves PJ at 6am and 1:30 unless the road is impassable. Most likely in May you will have no problems with the rivers.

Pura Vida, Ballardo

3. Re: PJ to Carate?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 19:43
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Jimenez