We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bosque del Cabo questions

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Bosque del Cabo questions

I have a few Bosque del Cabo questions that I was hoping the the TA'ers could help with.

When hiking the trails at BdC, is it best to wear long pants, and if so are any kinds recommended?

Are there walking sticks or treking poles that guest may use?

Does anyone have any information on the cabina, Manglillo?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Bosque del Cabo questions

Thank you both so much! I might just go shopping in my own closet if shorts are do-able, although I did find a really cool Ninja suit online... Our family tends to wear jeans year round it we want to, regardless of the heat and find that when we travel that we are often cold..

Midori- Do you think that we will like Manglillo? I like the photos but just hope that there will be some little forest friends nearby, since that is what it is all about for me down there :)

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
127 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Bosque del Cabo questions

We were there last February hiked in shorts, tank tops and Keens/texas, not hiking boots. Very dry, no mud on the trails at all. No Mosquitos either. Very hot! We loved it!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Bosque del Cabo questions

Thank you, Sue! It sounds fabulous! I can't wait to go back.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Bosque del Cabo questions

I think you will be fine with what is in your closet for the most part. Many of my clothes tend towards Columbia shorts & shirts anyway. It's hot & humid there as you know and Jan. will be pretty hot, personally not sure if I could take hiking in long sleeves/pants.

There is wildlife & birds all over the grounds and all around the cabinas, don't think really one gets any more than the others. Manglillo is a very nice cabina, have only been in it though when it was vacant. Tucan have stayed in 3 times and always one of my faves. Just a thought, did they mention if Pizote was available? Only mentioning as it is right next to Tucan so you all could be close, though Manglillo is not that much further (it has Gecko cabina between).

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Bosque del Cabo questions

That sounds like a great plan! I will plan to hike in shorts.

I have been thinking that it is strange that there are not many posts about Manglillo. There are a few cabinas that are mentioned all the time.

I will email to see if Pizote has become available. It would be nice to have two beds on the main level. We could wait list for it, in case it becomes available.

We are staying in Casa Blanca our first four nights and are on the wait list, in case it opens up, for our last three. I would really like to stay ion CB the whole time.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
365 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Bosque del Cabo questions

Sparkle - I spent most of my time in shorts, no problem with bugs at all. I wore either Keens or low-cut hikers, maybe my zipoff pants for dinner. I had a combo of tank tops and Magellan quick dry tops which I found at Academy Sports - and bought five.....I'm set!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Bosque del Cabo questions

Hi Hummingbird! I love that you bought five! That is my favorite thing to do. I would have multiples of the the same item and wear my own little uniform every day, if I could :)

I just ordered some cool shorts (and a matching blazer!) for my husband, not necessarily for BdC, but I think that he would like to wear them there for lounging and evenings.

Next on my list to go try on shoes to see what I might want for BdC and what size I will need.

I am glad that I don't have to hike in pants.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
365 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Bosque del Cabo questions

Sparkle - a tip (that I got from Midori) is to have a few pages of newspaper to wad into wet shoes and help with drying.

Packing for the Amazon and, yes, I have my "uniform" - if I like it and it fits I buy it in several colors!

Edited: 09 July 2012, 20:49
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Bosque del Cabo questions

Thank you for the newspaper tip!

Amazon! Amazon! Amazon!! I am so excited for you!! Your trip sounds incredible!!! I can't wait to hear all about your adventures!!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Bosque del Cabo questions

I have heard back from BdC and there are no other cabinas available for our remaining three nights, but we are wait-listed for a standard and Casa Blanca.

I ordered Frogg Togg Chilly Pads yesterday. I ordered the pad, the towel and bandannas.

Ticking things of my list. Still too many days to go to start counting down...

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Jimenez