We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cocovardo National Park Hike

Houston,Texas
12 posts
Save Topic
Cocovardo National Park Hike

We will be in the area the first part of June. We are avid hikers who would love to many animals. We are trying to decide whether to go on a guided day hike into the park and other places, or go on a 4 day 3 night hike in Cocovardo National Park from Los Patos to Sirena to Carate. We would camp out with our guide 1 night and stay at the ranger station the other 2 nights. Is the longer hike worth the discomfort some people discribe with the bugs etc? Would day hikes around the area be just as memorable? Would you see many animals on both hikes? We live in a hot and humid area so we are use to "jungle like" climate. Thank you so much for your input.

Panajachel...
Level Contributor
729 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cocovardo National Park Hike

If you're up for it the longer hike would be super. I have done numerous day hikes but would love to do the longer one you describe.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cocovardo National Park Hike

The real beauty of the Corcovado Park itself is around Sirena and the interior, and unless you pay for pricey logistics to dart in and out of Sirena, you're looking at a multiday hike in the park. As avid hikers, you're bound to find the experience worthwhile. If you're going to stick to day hikes and are seeking upscale accomodations, I'd just as soon recommend you stay in and explore the Cabo Matapalo area closer to Puerto Jimenez.

By the way, another option for you is to hike Los Patos (fly into Puerto Jimenez) to Sirena and then head out to San Pedrillo and onto Drake Bay. From there you can either fly out or take a boat to Sierpe where ground transport is available.

Houston,Texas
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cocovardo National Park Hike

Thank you so much for the information. I appreciate the input from someone who has been there. We're very excited about the hiking experience. I will not second guess myself any more. :}

4. Re: Cocovardo National Park Hike

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 23:19
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Jimenez