We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bosque Del Cabo and Puerto Jimenez Activities

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
53 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Bosque Del Cabo and Puerto Jimenez Activities

Hi all,

We will be staying at Bosque the first week of February and can't wait. For those that have stayed there or in and around PJ, what activities do you recommend?

Also, I have read about a wildlife sanctuary somewhere near PJ, but I haven't found the name. Is anyone familiar with the name of this sanctuary?

Thanks

Atlanta
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bosque Del Cabo and Puerto Jimenez Activities

My extended family (two grandparents, mom, dad and two teenagers) stayed at Bosque for 3 days after 4 days in Papagallo. It was an incredible change for a "fancy" all-inclusive to Bosque. We had rented one of the villas which is a bit of a walk. More about that later. The resort is gorgeous, good food and located in a area with great hikes. Getting out of there to town is time consuming although that's why you are there - to be removed from civilization.

Our villa was about 1/2 mile away from lodge so we hiked down and up for each meal or activity. Not a bad hike during the day but at night with all the land crabs that was a challenge. After the first day, the people at the lodge would come and get the grandparents to bring them down. The critters were interesting in that the land crabs and very large toads loved our villa at night so when we would come back from dinner we would need to sweep the rooms. The view made me gorget about all those critters - it was breathtaking. Several of us had a massage out on one of our private bedroom patios. All of us went horseback riding-fine but not memorable. We also went into town and went swimming with the dolphins. We were a bit unsure of it since the four of us piled on a small boat and spent the 1st two hours looking for them. Once we found them we would then go off the back and hang on to a board which we controlled. We could go as deep as we wanted to swim along side the dolphins. It was the highlight of our trip along with the zip lines we did in NW Costa Rica.

Hope this helps.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
53 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bosque Del Cabo and Puerto Jimenez Activities

Thanks for the info BCJames.

Also, I dig more digging and found the name of the sanctuary. Their website doesn't give much information so any first hand info from someone who has visited would be great.

osawildlifesanctuary.org/english/index_en.htm

Ft. Lauderdale
Level Contributor
32 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bosque Del Cabo and Puerto Jimenez Activities

Just got back from Bosque and the will arrange the trip to the sanctuary. The trip is worth it. A coyuple own the place and are working on a web site. It you can, visit the sanctuary.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bosque Del Cabo and Puerto Jimenez Activities

I hate to be a killjoy, but because of research citing harm because of inexperienced operators, frequent disruption to their natural patterns, etc., as of last March it is now illegal to actually swim with dolphins and whales and in Costa Rica. Watch them, okay, but swim, not okay.

You don't have to name operators or anything, but I'm curious if any of you have done the swimming thing since then. Wouldn't surprise me if some are still doing it...

5. Re: Bosque Del Cabo and Puerto Jimenez Activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 17:20
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Jimenez