We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charter flights??

Sarasota, FL
Level Contributor
190 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Charter flights??

We have six adults flying from San Jose to Quepos. I think I read somewhere that we could book a private charter flight and leave on demand for the same $$ or less with 6 people instead of Sansa. Anyone have info about this? Thanks in advance.

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Charter flights??

Contact Lynch Travel at 011-506-777-1170 (from the US) or access their website at www.lynchtravel.com The local paper Quepolandia has quoted the following for charter flights from SJ to Quepos:

Cessna 206 4-5 pass. $291

Piper Aztec 5 pass. $355

Navajo 7 pass. $500

Twin Otter 18 pass. $977

Other charter info avail thru Lynch. Prices may be different since publication of the local paper.

Lisa in Manuel Antonio

Sarasota, FL
Level Contributor
190 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Charter flights??

Lisa -

Are these generally round trip quoted prices? Thanks again for your great help. You are a true asset to this board!

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Charter flights??

No, as I understand it ... it is one way only. Definitely more expensive to charter :(

Lisa

Sarasota, FL
Level Contributor
190 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Charter flights??

Lisa -

Are you familiar with Paradise Air? The quote on thier website is $325 + $100 (for travel from Jaun Santamaria) = $425 round trip for a charter flight on a 6 passenger Airvan. This is about $100 cheaper than if the 6 of us were to fly Sansa. Does this make sense? Thanks again for any info.

Sarasota, FL
Level Contributor
190 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Charter flights??

P.S. - Paradise Air website is www.flywithparadise.com

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Charter flights??

As I understood the site, it's $375 to Quepos plus the $100. $475 total and a very good deal for 6. If you'd like feedback on the company (reliability etc.) try posting a note on

discoverypress.com/wwwboard/wwwboard.html

and headline it Paradise Air. The site has many contributors who live in CR and maybe someone has used them. Anxious to hear the feedback ... if it's positive the rates are great!

Lisa