We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

river rafting and ziplines

Level Contributor
36 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
river rafting and ziplines

Hi family of 6-4 kids ages 12 to 18, we want to river raft and have gone 3 times before. What river do you recd. from the MA area? And should we book ahead or when we get there? from our hotel or in Quepos? We would like to go Aug. 3rd or 4th. Also would love to do a great zipline tour that is economical...we will also be spending 5 days in the Montezuma area of the Nicoya Peninsula. Where should we zipline? Are there any good, SAFE, and economical deals??

quepos, costa rica
Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: river rafting and ziplines

The best river to raft here is the Rio Naranjo, 1/2 day tour $65. The most economical canopy here is Titi canopy and they charge $55. That said there are several discount tour brokers in Quepos that will sell both of these for less. Wait untill you get here then shop in Quepos for the best price.

Level Contributor
36 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: river rafting and ziplines

Thanks so much for the info. Do you think there will be any trouble with availability during that time in August? Do you know if we can do this by phone from our hotel?

quepos, costa rica
Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: river rafting and ziplines

There will be no problem for you in Aug.

Western Michigan...
Level Contributor
44 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: river rafting and ziplines

We took our first trip to the MA area in April this year. After our trip I posted the following which might be helpful----Herman from Sky Mountain will pick you up and it's about a 20 minute ride in his air conditioned van. We paid $55 pp.

"On the advice of John and Dave at Rich Coast Tours we went to Sky Mountain Canopy Tour. This was a great experience. The lines were challenging and the equipment was up to date. Safety was never a concern. There were two very long zip lines that got the adrenaline pumping. After our tour we enjoyed cold drinks and fresh fruit before talking a walk to the waterfalls on the property. A long walk but well worth it. At the middle section of the falls was a natural pool about 25 feet deep. Herman and his wife Inga and the staff do a wonderful job and are the perfect hosts."

If you’re looking for advice and help booking fishing, horseback riding, canopy tours, etc. John and Dave at Rich Coast Tours are well informed and good people to do business with.

Level Contributor
36 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: river rafting and ziplines

Hi,

Great information. Thank you for your reply. Where do they have this tour? Did you swim in the pool at the end? It would be great to have the waterfalls and ziplining...thanks!

Western Michigan...
Level Contributor
44 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: river rafting and ziplines

Their web address is www.canopycostarica.com

If you stop in at Rich Coast Tours while you're in Quepos (around the corner from the Best Western) they can make reservations for you, arrange pick up and it won't cost you any more. Also the first two zip lines are kind of practice. If anyone is not feeling that they can do the remaining lines, there's no charge.

You can read the rest of my trip report at

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g309289-i4615-k191…

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
80 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: river rafting and ziplines

Sky Canopy is outside of Quepos in Paquita. Its about a 40 minute ride. Titi is only 5 minutes out of town so is the shortest travel distance. Both are good tours with long lines. Sky mountain may be a little less busy. Canopy safari is another good option, they have rapels and tarzan swings as wel.. There is also a Canyoning tour as well that has just started up but you can find more details about that when you arrive.

For rafting definately the naranjo river half day. I would reccommend Rio Tropicales or Unique tours.

Level Contributor
36 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: river rafting and ziplines

Thank you all for the valuable info and experience that you replied with. I have taken notes!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: river rafting and ziplines

I have done Canopy Safari zip lines and thought it was a very good deal. It was $60/person which included the zip lines (there were 14 different zip line stations, 2 rappels, a Tarzan swing and a rope bridge). Also included were drinks and fresh fruit before the zip lines and a buffet style home cooked lunch after the zip lines. They also take pictures throughout and you can purchase a CD which includes about 1000 pictures for an additional $20. I thought the zip lines and the food/drinks for $60 was a pretty good deal. It was about a 4 – 5 hours total.

10. Re: river rafting and ziplines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 20:18