We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will I catch fish

Which Quepos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
spokane
3 posts
Save Topic
Will I catch fish

I will be arriving in quepos Friday night and have a boat scheduled to take my wife and I fishing on Monday Sept. 15th. I have read up on the fishing in Quepos and am extremely excited. My only concern is that we go out and pay all of this money to fish and then get skunked. Is it a common occurence to not catch anything, or am I worrying for nothing?

thank you all for your time

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will I catch fish

Hello John.

Fishing is fishing isnt cathing. Some days the boats will get one or more and some days notting. What kind of fishing you are going to do and what is the name of the boat. NATUREGUIDE

spokane
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Will I catch fish

We will be offshore fishing, I beleive the target species for this time of year are marlin, tuna and dorado, with the possibility of a sailfish. I will be with the blue pearl sportfishing outfit, which I might add has been very easy and friendly to work with. I have been saving for this trip for a long time and don't want to come up empty handed. I know that is a possibiliy, but just how big of a possibility? thanks again

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will I catch fish

Blue pearl is a new company. I dont know anything about them. The offshore fishing hads been very slow, your chances are 30% you will cath something. I wish you the best fishing day. My last fishing trip we got 7 sails and 3 mahi-mahi and one Marlin 250 pounds. We had a amazing day. NATUREGUIDE

spokane
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Will I catch fish

How long ago was your last fishing trip? If I caught half that many I wouldn't stop smiling for at least a year.

thank you for all of your help.

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will I catch fish

The trip was about 6 months on a friend private 75ft boat. I will hope you get your half. NATUREGUIDE

Nebraska
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Will I catch fish

I've been fishing there twice. We used Good Day both times and caught plenty of fish everyday we were out. Some are slower than others, but never a day without a dorado (mahi mahi). I've caught a 200lb Blue Marlin and a few large sail fish. Should be good, but it is fishing so you never know. Kind of depends on how agressive your captain and mates our, on slow days we would go closer to shore to catch rooster fish and other "easy" fish.

quepos, costa rica
Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Will I catch fish

The one problem with this time of year is that the fishing can be much slower and the seas can be much larger. For those planning a fishing trip to this area ( Quepos, Los Suenos ) the prime time is Dec. through March.

8. Re: Will I catch fish

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 10:19