We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable Hotel in Quepos

Ottawa
Level Contributor
35 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Affordable Hotel in Quepos

I was interested in booking la Sirena for the 3 nights we'll be staying in Quepos, but unfortunately it's full.

Do you have any recommendations for similar hotels? I'd like something in Quepos, small, cozy, safe and affordable.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,147 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Affordable Hotel in Quepos

I do not like to reccoemend "affordable" hotels...but here I go...maybe try Hotel Ceciliano by the soccer field in Quepos...some times we used for our drivers or guides...or ME!

roadadvisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
367 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Affordable Hotel in Quepos

Hello from a fellow Ottawan! My husband and son and I first visited C.R. in 2005. One of the places we stayed at near Quepos was Hotel la Colina. It's safe, affordable, cozy, small, and very charming. It's up the hill from Quepos, on your way to Manuel Antonio. Nice pool and bar area, friendly people, good food, and very comfortable. The rooms are small, clean, and quite cosy. They even had a resident dog...originally a stray who they basically adopted...who they named COLINA. He was wonderful. Hope this helps you. Buena Suerte!

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Affordable Hotel in Quepos

www.widemouthfrog.org

similar to Sirena might try a private there

very cost-effective

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,410 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Affordable Hotel in Quepos

I suspect QV may be mixing up Vista Serena - the hostel with a miilion $ view on the Quepos MA road and La Sirena - a hotel in downtown Quepos. However if you do want a hostel type accomodation Widemouth Frog is supposed to be good.

If you are really set on staying in downtown Quepos, there are several hotels in town. Maybe look at Le Priss or even Hotel Kamuk. I have no personal experience with hotels in Quepos. We walked through town last night, after I read your post and saw a few on the 2 streets downtown. And also Ceciliano that Roadadvisor mentioned.

or if yu want to stay on the MA road and still want reasonable, - maybe also look at Didi's B and B, or down by the park Cabinas Espadilla or Vela Bar.

pura vida

raquel

Ohio
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Affordable Hotel in Quepos

You are lucky that you were unable to stay at La Sirena. It is by far the worst "hotel" I have ever stayed in - not even safe. I have posted a description of our experience there, and hope you will read it. There is a Best Western, of comparable price. I looked at a room, and it was so much better than what we had been given at La Sirena.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Affordable Hotel in Quepos

www.kamuk.co.cr ·is nice in Quepos better located also

for budget Hostels WMFin Quepos and Vista Sirena in MA is nice

if you are really on a budget also in MA www.villasdelaselva.com

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,147 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Affordable Hotel in Quepos

I'm with you Raquelita...Vista Serena ...what a waste of view!

Luis

8. Re: Affordable Hotel in Quepos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2010, 05:15