We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2-3 month rental

Which Quepos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
2-3 month rental

We are looking for a rental for 2 to 3 months beginning in January. It's just the 2 of us, so we don't need anything huge. Not really looking for luxury, but would like to have AC, a comfortable bed, a kitchen. We are deciding between Quepos and Huacas. Hoping to stay under $700/month. Is that even possible?

Suggestions please!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,850 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2-3 month rental

Check the VRBO - vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…costa-rica

You might get lucky on the VRBO but your best bet might be to find and contact local real estate agents who deal with rentals. In this way you are avoiding the tourist rental prices and getting local deals on rental homes. I pay $500 a month for a 2 bedroom 2 bath and a view that is postcard perfect. Short answer YES you can find what you are looking for but it may be tricky and take a little digging.

Cheers

Inca

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2-3 month rental

Thank you Inca. I haven't had any luck on vrbo. Do you have any suggestions as to real estate agents? Any apartments available where you are? :)

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2-3 month rental

What I usually recommend , maybe make reservation at hotel for a week and ask around when you get to Quepos area.

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2-3 month rental

You might want to post a note on the local Quepos/MA Yahoo news group

…yahoo.com/group/queposmanuelantonionews/ Another source of local info is www.quepolandia.com

Both are based in the Quepos/MA area and are wonderful sources of local info. Best of luck! Lisa

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,850 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2-3 month rental

Good advice from Lisa and Cubanaon as usual. Best to probably rent for a week or so and find a local agent to show you some different things available. Just like renting anything anywhere longer term its good to get ut and kick the tires before you commit to anything sight unseen.

There are places to rent where I live but that is in the Central Valley and not in the area you are interested in.

Cheers

Inca

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2-3 month rental

I agree 100% with Inca and Cubanon also good idea by Lisa Pura Vida...

By Huacas is a Best Weatern just few minutes from the Huacas Intersection, maybe the best yo can do as suggested by Cubanon...stay there a few nights and shop around...

Same as Best Western Kamuk in Quepos...

For logistic issues I mentioned the two Best Western...good luck!

roadadvisor

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,850 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2-3 month rental

Strangely enough, this link just popped up on my facebook sidebar, haven't checked it thoroughly but it seems they have a rental search, might be promising, might not - http://www.costa-rica-real-estates.com/

Inca

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2-3 month rental

Try this.

http://costarica.es.craigslist.org/apa/

I found a very nice two bedroom house in Palmares a couple of years ago via craigslist.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2-3 month rental

If you are looking for a small place around Quepos...Manuel Antonio...the best person to contact...RAQUEL at this forum...I understand she even own a place around there...send her a PM...she is a lovely person...and her husband Joe the best!

roadadvisor

10. Re: 2-3 month rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2011, 04:16