We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing trips for kids

High Desert of So...
4 posts
Save Topic
Fishing trips for kids

I'm planning a trip with my boys, ages 11 and 13, in March. We're including the Quepos area and want to take in some ocean fishing. Are there any recommendations on fishing companies that are kid friendly?

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing trips for kids

I use to recommmend a couple of very good companies which are right in town. Once got very good comments from a family of five (mom, dad, and kids ages 8, 15 and 17) so I can put you in touch with them if you want.

Just mail me at alonchavez@gmail.com and I will give you the contact information.

By the way, great choice you made coming to Quepos for fishing!

TorontoOnt
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing trips for kids

Hi There

Your boys will love it there.

We use Hi Tec in Quepos with John the owner.

There phone is 011 506 777 3465

www.hitecsportfishing.com I find the best is to phone him.

The boat we use is called Tranquillo.Very safe boat and no deisel fumes.

In fact we will be there mid March staying at Pueblo Real where we own a place.

Hope this helps

Tne Captain

High Desert of So...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing trips for kids

Thanks for the info! I'll check out the website. I've found that there are so many fishing companies that run out of Quepos and it's impossible to know which ones are decent and which are dives.....no pun intended!

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing trips for kids

We also recommend HiTec, great fleet, great people! Harry does alot of fishing on the Traquillo and we like to send our friends out when they come to visit us in CR .. it's always a good day on the water!

You also had a post re: Sansa etc. and for some reason I can't bring it up (stubborn computer?) so email me at Latitude9Lisa@aol.com and I'll try to answer your questions!

Lisa and Harry in M. Antonio