We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quepos Fishing Charter

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
336 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Quepos Fishing Charter

I have a group of 4 that love to fish. Dorado and tuna would be wonderful. We went out of Placencia and San Pedro, Belize and were suprised by the "small" boats (our boat in San Pedro gave momentary concern it might not be sea worthy which was disconcerting to say the least). It appeared that all the charters were the same kind of boats (relatively flat bottom with a bimini). We stayed inside the reef which I realize makes a huge difference. And we did catch a lot of fish and had a great time.

What is the "normal" fishing boat like out of Quepos? How far out do they go? Any advice on best guides/boats? Or should I let the resort book for me? We will be there next March. TIA.

Quepos, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quepos Fishing Charter

Dang, can't believe no replied. March is a really really good time to fish here. That is when the ocean is the calmest and there is never any rain. It is rare that we see days with waves over 1 foot in March. That is also one of the best times to fish here, as there are a ton of sailfish and Marlin out, and somedays you can catch more than 10 billfish in one trip! As far as smaller boats go, my company is listed here under Quepos Fish Adventure under the things to do column, and we have a 28 footer that we use that runs 600 for the full day offshore (price for the whole group and includes food and drinks). Check us out and then there is a link to my website in the listing where you can find pictures of all our boats. Love to have you!

Dominical, Costa...
Level Contributor
185 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quepos Fishing Charter

I just answered the same question this morning at tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g291982-i813-k6840… that you might want to review but basically if you go out with Frenzy you will have a great and safe time. You an find them at http://www.frenzysportfishing.com Willy that manages the operation has been great to work with.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
336 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quepos Fishing Charter

Thanks for the advice! I was surprised no one replied also as I know there are loads of sport fishing fans out there.

I wasn't clear in my original post - we prefer a bigger boat and absolutely cannot wait to get out there and catch fish. A sailfish would be the "fish of a lifetime" for any of us. I want to eat dorado though. Something for everyone.

My assumption is that one of the best parts about leaving out of Quepos is that we won't spend 2 hours getting to the fishing grounds. Bonus.

Quepos, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quepos Fishing Charter

Ok, if you wanted a bigger boat we also have a 30 and a 32. Or the Frenzy is a great boat as well. Anything at all, check out the website at www.queposfishadventure.com

5. Re: Quepos Fishing Charter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2014, 06:35