We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SJO customs

los angeles CA
Level Contributor
110 posts
1 review
Save Topic
SJO customs

I've traveled to a lot of international destinations and every one is different ( some fast and some unbearably slow, Jamaica :) ) when exiting the airport. Generally speaking, how long does it take to get from the gate through customs if I'm not checking any luggage. We arrive at 915am

Thanks

Skijimbo

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
14,840 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SJO customs

Generally speaking it is a fast and straightforward process; only if more int'l flights landed at around the same time then it might be longer. Nothing in comparison to Caribbean's.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,281 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SJO customs

No more than 40 minutes...even less ...if you are travelling only witha carry on!

roadadvisor

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SJO customs

Immigration might trip you up if there are other flights arriving at the same time. If you're the first of many flights arriving, you can be thru in 30 minutes. It really depends on where your flight is on the arrival schedule in relation to the others. I've never seen it over one hour at peak times but I think you're safe to say, it will be well under that (fingers crossed)!

Newport Beach, Ca
Level Contributor
106 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SJO customs

In my six trips thru SJO I have never waited longer than 20 minutes at customs. Last week There wasn't even a line. I must be lucky.

5. Re: SJO customs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 19:18
Get answers to your questions about Province of San Jose