We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to travel to Jaco from Escazu ?

Ottawa, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Best way to travel to Jaco from Escazu ?

Is there a bus that stops to pick-up passengers from Escazu to take them to Jaco ?

Or do you have to travel downtown San Jose to catch the bus ?

Or any other suggestions ?

I will be staying at the Courtyard for 2 weeks in July for dental work with a side trip to Jaco to visit friends for a few days.

Can anyone suggest things to do in Escazu, restaurants you liked or any night life in the area for a young 60 yr. old single guy to pass the time ?

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
21 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to travel to Jaco from Escazu ?

Please see my posting regarding restaurants in Escazu.Also,near the Multiplaza Mall(which is near the courtyard)there are so many good places to eat.We are your age,and Masala has music on some nights.Theres another mall-Itzkazu Mall-across from Multiplaza,that alot of Americans hang out.Im pretty sure theres clubs there-I did see a Hooters Bar there,if thats your thing.Nearby in SantaAna-by the Momentum Mall-theres some cool bars and clubs.As for going to Jaco,we rented a car,took the new Highway,it only took a little over an hour.Have fun.If you have any other questions,feel free to email me.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,994 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to travel to Jaco from Escazu ?

I agree with the above Poster 100%. Itzkatzu Plaza is just across the street from Cima Hospital in Escazu. Itzkatzu Plaza is more or less a mall of bars and restaurants. One of my favorites is the Tapas restaurant.

Cheers

Inca

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,653 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to travel to Jaco from Escazu ?

To go to Jaco from Escazu...maybe the best and more affordable way...shutlle service...like INTERBUS or Grayline...some times getting into San Jose is just not worth it...

If you like Italian food...Sala E´Pepe in Escazu by Pops ice creams...incredible good italian place...his owner Renso is a great person...I practice my italian with him...he just laugh ...

roadadvisor

4. Re: Best way to travel to Jaco from Escazu ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2010, 04:16