We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to Get From San Jose to Waterfall Gardens/Peace Lodge?

NYC
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
How to Get From San Jose to Waterfall Gardens/Peace Lodge?

I will be traveling to Costa RIca in December. We fly into San Jose, plan on spending one night there and then heading to La Paz Waterfall Gardens/Peace Lodge the next am. What would you all recommend as the best way to get from San Jose to the Peace Lodge? What are all of my options and how much can I anticipate on spending to do this leg of the trip?

Thanks!

Jaime

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,813 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to Get From San Jose to Waterfall Gardens/Peace Lodge?

Hola Jaime...it is kind of simple...where ever you spend the night...you have to go back to the International Airport road...keep going about 4 miles...you will see a detour to Jaco/Manuel Antonio...that is call the Manolos Intersection...is a over pass bridge...take that "exit" keep right and take the road to Barrio San Jose...drive all the way...until you see a nice church at yout right...exactly in front of you...make a left there...drive all the way until you see the signs to Poas Volcano...around the "budget" place Las Orquideas Hotel...make a right and keep going and folowing signs...you will see a sign that saids VARA BLANCA take that road...once you are at the Vara Blanca gas station take a left down to Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui...about 9 miles from the gas station is PEACE LODGE!!

Have a nice drive and without been sarcastic...if you get lost...WELCOME to Costa Rica!!

Luis Road Advisors

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!

NYC
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to Get From San Jose to Waterfall Gardens/Peace Lodge?

thank you for the quick response.

however, if i don't have my own car, what are my options?

how much would a taxi cost?

is there a bus that travels this route? how long would that take?

thank you!

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to Get From San Jose to Waterfall Gardens/Peace Lodge?

From the airport area to La Paz, should run around $50-$60 by taxi or private driver. Maybe a little more depending on where you're staying. No real reason to stay in San Jose, I'd stay in the great Orquideas Inn, it's on the way, they're prices are good and it has a great atmosphere. They also have a super in-house tour company called Wady Tours (aka emotion guaranteed) and they could arrange the transfer for you, plus pick you up at the airport for $10.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,813 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to Get From San Jose to Waterfall Gardens/Peace Lodge?

The good option can be a taxi or a private transfer...around $50.00 (not a quote) If you do not have a reason to stay in San Jose or any area in Alajuela or Heredia just keep going to Peace Lodge...is a nice drive...and some days in december if the weather is already into December weather...the views from the hills are just the best...

Luis Road Advisor.

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!

5. Re: How to Get From San Jose to Waterfall Gardens/Peace Lodge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 06:18