We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from SJO to Pavas

Chicago
1 post
Transportation from SJO to Pavas

Hi there, we're flying into SJO and taking a Nature Air flight over to Arenal a few hours later. I understand we can either reserve transportation from SJO to Pavas with Nature Air or take a taxi. Nature Air quoted $39 for two people. Can someone tell me what a taxi would cost? Thanks so much!

GA
3 posts
1. Re: Transportation from SJO to Pavas

Hi SMCO03

I have a friend in Costa Rica who has a beutiful minivan and He says He will charge you $30 (private service) for that service, He is bilingual and the service is 5 stars. if you want you can send a email to sales@crgreenc.com

Warm regards

Sam Newman

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,899 posts
35 reviews
2. Re: Transportation from SJO to Pavas

SMCO,

I can't answer your exact question. However, I do now from our most recent trip in December that an offical airport taxi from SJO to downtown San Jose is $22. US. I really can't see the fare to Pavas being too much more given that the time it takes to get there is not much different. However, since I never did that exact trip - can't say for sure. However to me the $39 sounds high. A taxi would be less.

raquel

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
1 review
3. Re: Transportation from SJO to Pavas

3 posts in 4 days since joining all pitching this crgreenc guy? Sam, do you work on commission? Raquel is right $39 sounds a bit high. IMHO, $30 does too. A regular airport taxi shouldn't cost you more than $22.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
16 posts
43 reviews
4. Re: Transportation from SJO to Pavas

How difficult is obtaining transportation for the opposite trip- from Pavas to SJO? My wife and I are flying Nature Air from Quepos and will have about 2 1/2 hrs until our flight out of SJO. Do we need to reserve a ride ahead or will taxi's be easy to get at the Pavas airport? How long is the taxi ride time from Pavas to SJO in the middle of the day? Thanks!

Brasil de Santa Ana
Level Contributor
37 posts
71 reviews
5. Re: Transportation from SJO to Pavas

Taxi's are everywhere. Make sure they have a "maria" machine and that it is running or set your price before you get in. It should not take any longer than 20-30 minutes, depending on traffic.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
50,868 posts
38 reviews
6. Re: Transportation from SJO to Pavas

If Nature Air is charging $39.00 it sounds a little to high...I will reccomend to hire one taxi at arrival...can be cheaper...same thing going back to the Airport...if you are happy with the price and the service with the first transfer just ask him/her to pick you up in the way back!

roadadvisor@hotmail.com

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

7. Re: Transportation from SJO to Pavas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 18:17