We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe to leave laptop in storage at Grano de Oro?

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
414 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Safe to leave laptop in storage at Grano de Oro?

I'm wondering if it is safe to leave a laptop in storage at Grano de Oro while on my overnight rafting trip to Pacuare. They just told me to tell the storage person that it is fragile, and didn't respond to whether it was safe in the sense of the word I meant (will it get stolen or not...). Anyone leave valuables in Grano de Oro's storage before?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
105 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe to leave laptop in storage at Grano de Oro?

I don't know this location, but the phrase you're looking for is 'es seguro' ... such as "Es seguro guardar cosas que tiene mucho valor aqui?"

A nice place
Level Contributor
867 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe to leave laptop in storage at Grano de Oro?

I think you can trust the staff at the Grano de Oro!

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
414 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe to leave laptop in storage at Grano de Oro?

Good to know - there are so many reports of theft from hotel storage on the Province of San Jose forum, that I wasn't sure.

2nd question - if we bring our laptop as part of our carry on for Sansa, does it count as part of our luggage weight?

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safe to leave laptop in storage at Grano de Oro?

No, your weight will be taken with your carry on bags.

Tampa, FL
Destination Expert
for San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Safe to leave laptop in storage at Grano de Oro?

venicegirl,

Could you provide links to some of those reports of theft from hotel storage on the Province of San Jose forum. I must have missed all of them and I couldn't find any looking up "hotel storage" in the search box.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
414 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safe to leave laptop in storage at Grano de Oro?

Sorry that was an inaccurate statement - I meant that I've read several negative hotel reviews in the Province of San Jose that complained about certain items being missing from their stored luggage. You can search in the general tripadvisor search for San Jose Costa Rica (or maybe even just Costa Rica) + stolen. A few of them related to storage and I don't have time to find them, but I certainly wouldn't have come up with this idea by myself and I'm not trying to slam CR - and I couldn't tell you if Venice, CA would be any better - I'm just trying to access if it is safe to leave a computer in the storage of Grano de Oro overnight.

7. Re: Safe to leave laptop in storage at Grano de Oro?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 00:20