We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Jose Hotel Suggestions

Bermuda
Level Contributor
28 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
San Jose Hotel Suggestions

I'm looking for hotel suggestions in San Jose for 2 young guys. We want somewhere fun and active. Near the clubs and party area.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Jose Hotel Suggestions

www.bestwesterncostarica.com

or

www.pangeahostel.com

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Jose Hotel Suggestions

www.pangea.hostel.com sorry

Tampa, FL
Destination Expert
for San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
2,221 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: San Jose Hotel Suggestions

Maybe you should give us a hint about what sort of party you think you're going to find in San Jose. San Jose is not exactly known as a place to go to for its "club and party scene".

encinitas,calif.
Level Contributor
953 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Jose Hotel Suggestions

pura vida is a great place to stay. fabulous dinners, awesome breakfast. not sure where you'd go to party.

Canada
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Jose Hotel Suggestions

I would recommend going to craigslist.com and choose Costa Rica, and you will find a apartment for about $500/mnth. You can rent for only one month if you choose and the apartment comes with all furniture, lines, cable tv, phone (local calls), high speed internet, dishes, and maid service.

Party in CR. can be dangerous at night and it would help for you to do much research before you go. http://www.vistalindaapartments.com/main.html is a place that rents to American and Canadian, for guys like yourself who are looking to party. I would not recomend this place for woman or kids or families. BACHELORS ONLY. You will learn your safety tips there.

6. Re: San Jose Hotel Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2009, 13:55
7. Re: San Jose Hotel Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 April 2009, 18:35
A nice place
Level Contributor
837 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: San Jose Hotel Suggestions

The clubs are spread around San Jose, Santa Ana, Escazu and Heredia. As long as you stay at a hotel downtown you will be fine. You will have to take a taxi anyway and it is safer, too.

When you stay at a hostel you will easily meet other young travelers, I am not sure what you had in mind!?

There are many clubs in San Jose and something for almost every music genre. You can find some information on the nightlife of Costa Rica on this site: www.whereincostarica.com/parties

Phoenix, AZ
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: San Jose Hotel Suggestions

If you DON'T want to spend alot and NOT stay in a hostel-... try Posada Amon Inn 506-2222-6700 rooms in a converted mansion in the heart of Barrio Amon start at $25.00 night. Close to everything. Corner Avenida 9, Calle 5.

Tampa, FL
Destination Expert
for San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
2,221 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: San Jose Hotel Suggestions

Bruce,

You just joined today and you open with 3 posts all pushing the same one hotel. One in this thread that has already had a posting deleted for doing basically the same thing that you seem to be doing(see my post about meranda), a 2nd in another thread that is over 2 months old and a third post recommending your hotel that was dug out of cobwebs over 3.5 YEARS old. Your posts are starting to smack of SPAM. Do you have ANYTHING ELSE that you learned from your trip that you can share with other members here or are you really just somehow connected with this hotel and trying to push their business.

BTW, I'm very familiar with the Vista Linda Apts. It is not a bad place for OLDER "bachelors" (or married cheaters) looking to bring home young "ladies of the evening", but it is not really the type of place that I'd recommend for 2 YOUNG guys who are into the CLUB and PARTY scene (although it is very close geographically to El Tobogon).

IMHO, Mark gave the BEST advice of anyone in this thread. Hostels are good places to stay if you want to meet other young travelers who are more likely to share the late-night party spirit with you. Most other tourists hit the sack early so they can get up early in the morning to go out on their eco-tours outside the city. If you want to learn the ropes of "partying" with the locals like the old coots at Linda Vista do, I'm sure they'd be happy to mentor you but there are certainly places a LOT closer to the "action" (e.g. the Hotel Del Rey or the Sportsman's Lodge, etc.). Aside from that, you can really stay anywhere downtown (or in Escazu) cuz you're probably gonna want to take a cab anywhere you go late at night anyway.