We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rental car company

encinitas,calif.
Level Contributor
962 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
rental car company

i need to rent an suv in mayfor 16 days. last time i used tricolor. anyone have any other affordable car rental suggestions.let me know

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rental car company

www.carrentals.com out of SJO

Payless or Thrifty from $70-80/week plus ins.

Avoid U-save CC fraud...

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rental car company

www.vamos4X4.com little cheaper for SUV sometimes...

Florida
Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: rental car company

I always use Avis. I prefer to deal with a company that has an office in the United States. If something were to happen I don't want to deal with liability and credit card issues with a foreign company. That is just my perspective. I have found Avis prices very reasonable and their service has always been excellent. One time I got a flat tire just before I arrived at the drop off point near the airport. We didn't have much time before our flight. Avis picked us up and dropped us off at the airport without hassling us about the tire. They charged me for it later, as per the contract, and the tire was much less than a hundred dollars. I can't complain.

Puravida!

Jim

costaricagenie.com

Portsmouth, Virginia
Level Contributor
282 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rental car company

We used Vamos for 16 days in March '09, great price with free unlimited cell phone, Suzuki Vitara. Call them and negotiate a better rate, they threw in the cell phone and the hotel dropoff/pickup fees. Get an email confirmation from them to print out and take with you.

Escazu, Costa Rica
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: rental car company

I would highly recommend http://www.dollarcostarica.com/ they have GREAT service and are very flexible on prices.All their cars are 2009

Sunny California
Level Contributor
2,107 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: rental car company

I used alamo... their prices were good and so was the car... service not too good, but i only dealt with them at check out and check in...

A nice place
Level Contributor
867 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: rental car company

I have heard good things about Tricolor, I got a good deal from www.wild-rider.com

San Jose
Level Contributor
37 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: rental car company

I used tricolor once and it was horrible, they don't know what customer service is....the car was in bad condition too. I would totally go with Dollar rent a car.

Indian Shores...
Level Contributor
705 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: rental car company

We had an exceptional experience with Payless several months ago. We chose Payless because of their great rate ($19.95/day for mid-size)and I was really impressed with them. We received excellent service from everyone we came into contact with in their organization...I couldn't believe how courteous, efficient, helpful, friendly and forthcoming they were with maps, directions, and driving tips (including warning us not to pay off any police who might stop us and try to shake us down). When we returned the car and realized that we had left our passports and laptop back at the hotel in Manuel Antonio (3 hours away), they even offered to call their office in Quepos to see if they could help us retrieve them.

Calgary
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: rental car company

I liked Dollar rent a car, I stayed at a hotel in Escazu and they took care of the rental for me. It was delivered for free to me at 9am sharp just like I requested. The car was in good shape and the employees spoke english. Thanks to Out Of Bounds for hooking me up with them. On another note, you should rent the GPS unit it was worth the $8 a day.