We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight times

Ontario
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Topic
Flight times

Hello everybody,

I will be arriving in San Jose on 13:50 with Air Canada. I have another flight to Puerto Jimenez with Nature Air at 15:15. Would it be possible to make it or should I just forget it?

Thank you in advance.

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,345 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight times

Highly unlikely - even if everything goes perfectly. You would only have an hour and 25 minutes.

Expect about a half hour to go through immigration and get your baggage. Natureair leaves from Pavas which is another airport about 25 minutes from SJO by cab. A would add about another 10 minutes to get sort of sorted out at each end- for actually getting the cab, and then getting out at the other end..

I am not sure exactly how early Natureair closes their flights - but I suspect they want you at least one half hour before flight time.

SJO is unpredictable. I have taken the same AC flight as you plan at least a dozen times. I have been through immigration and out in as little as 10 minutes (I usually don't check bags) or as long as about an hour and a half. Sometimes the flight has been on time, other times late - ranging from hours to minutes. Once in a while it actually has been a few minutes early.

But I find that whenever I cut myself short on time - Murphy's law seems to kick in. One time we arrived and it turned out to be the day of the San Jose Marathon - which uses parts the road from the airport and though we would have normally had lots of time to make our bus - traffic was stalled...

I personally think its not worth the stress to even consider it. You will be sitting on pins and needles through the last couple of hours of your flight - looking at your watch and trying to hope things go perfectly. Unless you are 100% sure that Natureair will honour your ticket on another flight on the next day with little or no penalty - I

don't think is is worth the stress.

If you are visiting several locations, perhaps look at rearranging the order to best maximize your time.

Good luck

Pura Vida

raquel

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
2,046 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight times

Very unlikely you'll make it, even if your international flight arrives early. NatureAir departs from Pavas, approximately 20 minutes drive on a clear road from SJO.

Ontario
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight times

Oh wow I had no idea Natureair is at a different location. That's too bad, I'll have to stay the night near the airport and wait till mornin for the next flight. Thank you very much for the help. I'll be going to La Leona lodge in January, am hoping it's nice. Thanks all.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,644 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight times

As always...Raquelita is 150% correct!

You will have great time at La Leona...great place....great location!

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight times

www.flysansa.com at SJO you might make that

Nature Air no way...

Usually have a nice night at

www.mybeaconescazu.com

www.casabellarita.com

Fly into Osa the next day...

California
Level Contributor
96 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight times

I second Casa Bella Rita for the overnite stay it is awesome!!!!!!!! Great hosts and a clean, comfortable beautiful place. Going to be there in a week from now my 2nd sgtay there.

Ontario
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight times

Thank you very much. The www.casabellarita.com looks very good and I think I'll stay there for the night.

8. Re: Flight times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2010, 07:16