We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to saty?

Sao Paulo, Brazil
Level Contributor
235 posts
233 reviews
Save Topic
where to saty?

Good evening, TA friends.

We are 2 50-year old female friends visiting Costa rica in October. A friend has advised us to stay in San Jose, west side. She has told us that is a place full of hotels, shops, tourists, snack bars/restaurants. Also she has told us that the place is warmer than the east side. We do not want to stay lying down onto the beach, we want to be close to people, to be able to leave the hotel and walk to eat, to go shopping, etc. Also, she has told us that we can buy the one day trips and the tour companies come to pick us up at the hotel.

Could you give us some hotel names in the area?

thank you very much.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to saty?

You are talking about Escazu

www.mybeaconescazu.com

www.thealtahotel.com

2 nice hotels there easy pick up for tours...

Have fun,

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to saty?

Hi,

The best place to stay where you're safe and it's lovely would be Escazu area. There is a great B&B called Casa Bella Rita.

You can take a number of tours from here. Plus the hotel has great sites and you feel like you're at home!

Hope this helps,

Marina K. Villatoro

California
Level Contributor
508 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: where to saty?

I agree with Marina. Casa Bella Rita is the place to stay.

4. Re: where to saty?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 22:35
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,952 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to saty?

It is a great new hotel...BEACON located at Escazu downtown...great restaurant as well!

An as your friend mentioned...a lot fo restaurants and bars in Escazu!

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Sao Paulo, Brazil
Level Contributor
235 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to saty?

Thank you very much, TA friends.

You are always very helpful.

I know I will have some more questions later on.

Tks for now.

Tampa, FL
Destination Expert
for San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: where to saty?

Wolfgang,

13 posts (4-5 for each day of posting) and every single one of them promoting this Macua tour outfit in NICARAGUA. It made at least SOME sense when you were just posting about them in the Tamarindo and Guanacaste sections as POSSIBLE side trips if you were up in that corner of CR, EVEN though they didn't really have THAT much to do with the specific question at hand. HOWEVER, now you're promoting them in the San Jose section in a thread asking about SAN JOSE HOTELS and having absolutely NOTHING AT ALL to do with Nicaragua. I don't know what your game is but it looks dangerously close to SPAM.

Colorado Springs...
Destination Expert
for Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
4,272 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to saty?

We stayed at Alta Hotel in Escazu in June and absolutely loved it. Beautiful property, gorgeous suites with great views, and excellent food in the restaurant. We were a group of 5 adults and 2 children, and everyone really enjoyed it.

Sao Paulo, Brazil
Level Contributor
235 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where to saty?

Guys, I have looked at some pictures of the hotels you have suggested. Are the hotels close (walking distance)to some shopping?restaurants? or do I have to rent a car to reach the places? maybe I1m not going to rent one and I would like very much to walk around.Looking at the maps, i couldn't understand the location very well.

Tks for your help.

10. Re: where to saty?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 21:05