We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport or on the road..Best place to buy wine and liquor..

naples fl
Level Contributor
251 posts
341 reviews
Save Topic
Airport or on the road..Best place to buy wine and liquor..

Flying to San Jose and picking up a car for 8 days. We would like to buy wine and liquor for the trip. Is it best to get it at the duty free ship at the airport (before or after immigration) or on the road during our travels. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
San Jose
San Jose
San Jose Metro, Costa Rica
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport or on the road..Best place to buy wine and liquor..

I would buy at the duty free shop at the airport.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
521 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport or on the road..Best place to buy wine and liquor..

I would buy it outside the airport. Not that much difference in price and lots more choices outside.

In the airport it will have to be before immigration.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,256 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport or on the road..Best place to buy wine and liquor..

I will do it a the airport...you really safe some money...

roadadvisor

naples fl
Level Contributor
251 posts
341 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport or on the road..Best place to buy wine and liquor..

Thanks Roadadvisor...Any limits? :-)

miami
Level Contributor
50 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport or on the road..Best place to buy wine and liquor..

Hi. There is a duty free liquor shop right where the baggage pickup is. The prices on alcohol are good, I like to stop there because you can get Havanna Club there for a good price. I haven't found it elsewhere throughout costa rica. The major grocery stores have a great selection of wines, American or Italian wines are kind of high, the Chilean wines are good choices. If you have a rental car, make sure you get a GPS with it. You can search for Grocery store on the GPS before you head out of San Jose and find an Automercado. They have great selections of beer, wine and liquor.

Have fun, but be careful not to speed or drink and drive. There are new laws that need to be adhered to. The fines can be quite a lot.

Dave

Mentioned in this post
San Jose
San Jose
San Jose Metro, Costa Rica
6. Re: Airport or on the road..Best place to buy wine and liquor..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2010, 06:20