We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for day tours/companies from Finca Rosa Blanca

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for day tours/companies from Finca Rosa Blanca

We will be staying at the Finca Rosa Blanca for 2 nights at the end of our holiday vacation 12/28, 12/29.... It would be so helpful to hear what one day tour/company and guide( most important) you would recommend for a one day excursion on the 29th.... We will have been to Santa Teresa, lounging on the beach, yoga, horseback riding and some hiking and to Monteverde, Zip lining and hiking.... Haven't viewed a volcano up close haven't be to La Paz, and i am a little afraid of white water rafting (last time my husband and i were in Costa Rica my husband said it was fantastic but really rough)... Would be open to less rough rides! Would love any suggestions/interesting ideas !!! Many thanks in advance... So excited about returning to Costa Rica!!!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,047 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for day tours/companies from Finca Rosa Blanca

Hola Scorp...

Maybe Poas Volcano one day tour...you can try...Marbella Tours...great company for one day tours...

Peace Lodge Gardens...great for people that like to see poor caged animals... ( La Paz)

Even Irazu Volcano with Orosi Valley...

Aerial Tram by Carrillo National Park...easy ride on the canopy of the rain forest!

roadadvisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for day tours/companies from Finca Rosa Blanca

You guys will love the Peace Lodge and La Paz waterfalls and gardens, a definite must and also Poas volcano.

Finca Rosa has a good tour operator that they work with, and in some case can save you some money for transportation.

Hope this helps,

Marina K. Villatoro

New York
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for day tours/companies from Finca Rosa Blanca

Thank you for your advice...

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,047 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for day tours/companies from Finca Rosa Blanca

Any time...you can even rent a car and drive to Tarcoles river bridge and take some great pictures of the big wild crocodriles...and from there maybe into Carara NAtional PArk next to the river...good chances also to see red macaws or even green macaws...toucans...

If you really like to do some hike...go from Carara to Bijagual water falls about 15 minutes the entrance to go up to the falls from Carara.

Incredible tropical views...you can do it, Tarcoles, Carara and Bijagual in one day!

That is a photographer paradise!

We costaricans love to see our wild life free...many people will sell a tour just to make a commision...but most of the time they are not even from here or living here...money talks!!!

roadadvisor

Edited: 20 September 2010, 19:26
New York
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for day tours/companies from Finca Rosa Blanca

As you can see i love to take pictures... Can you recommend a well versed local who speaks English well and would want to take us around for the day? This itinerary sounds very interesting and non touristy... Last time we were in Arenal we hooked up with a guide who spent the day with us, brought us to a very non touristy ceviche restaurant and was so knowledgeable about the area... He had multiple degrees and made the trip memorable... Thanks...

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,047 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions for day tours/companies from Finca Rosa Blanca

Of course...you can send me a Private Message here at the forum and I can give you some names of great local guides..

I think I have the correct guide for you guys...he is a naturalist and as me...he love animals...and in a humble way I can said we know the country...

Let me know if you have any questions...

roadadvisor

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
471 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggestions for day tours/companies from Finca Rosa Blanca

It's a matter of personal preference, but I wouldn't drive back down to the coast from Finca Rosa Blanca if you've come from Santa Teresa. The coffee plantation area around Finca Rosa Blanca is beautiful. I'd vote for visiting the Poas volcano, going to a nice restaurant for lunch (mabye Chubascos) and maybe the Doka coffee plantation tour. Ask the people at Finca Rosa Blanca for suggestions. They have a very good tour desk there.

8. Re: Suggestions for day tours/companies from Finca Rosa Blanca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2011, 06:21