We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe left luggage airport San Jose

Jordan Valley
Level Contributor
130 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Safe left luggage airport San Jose

We have changed our plans and will be leaving CR from MA so need to find safe storage for one piece of luggage whilst we travel for 13 days.

Does anyone know if there are there facilities at the airport?

Thanks

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe left luggage airport San Jose

No, they do not. If you're staying in the area in the beginning of your trip, possibly the hotel you're staying in will hold it.

Jordan Valley
Level Contributor
130 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe left luggage airport San Jose

We are not returning to our first hotel as originally planned.

We are travelling to Tortuguero where we have limited baggage allowance for the journey and leaving CR from MA.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe left luggage airport San Jose

Not sure I understand how you are leaving Costa Rica from Manuel Antonio. By boat?

As midori said, there is not storage at the airport SJO. Your best bet would be a hotel.

How are you getting from Tortuguero to Manuel Antonio?

How are you getting to Tortuguero? Where are you leaving from when you go to Tortuguero?

I think to give you any kind of coherent answer, we need more information.

If you can't take your bags with you to Tortuguero, does this mean you are flying? It might be possible that either Sansa or Nature Air has bag storage but there is no "public" bag storage at SJO.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safe left luggage airport San Jose

If you are flying Nature Air as far as I know they still offer baggage storage at SJO. Not sure about Sansa.

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safe left luggage airport San Jose

Elaine hope you sorted things out since I know you are vacationing in CR now and you have to make a decision on what to do with your luggage.

Wishing you the best.

Did you contact Nikki to see if she could help?

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,974 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safe left luggage airport San Jose

Nature Air has luggage storage at SJO? Is this true? I was aware that they offer luggage storage at Pavas for $15. Anyone know about Sansa?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Safe left luggage airport San Jose

I was looking into storage at the Sansa terminal in San Jose and found this information on the Sansa website: "Tourist locker service is offered at the domestic terminal in San José with a fee of $10.00 per day and per piece of baggage. Size of baggage is not regulated."

www.flysansa.com/eng/oyn/wfw/wfwsansa.asp…

I haven't confirmed this with Sansa yet; and $10/day isn't cheap...

Jordan Valley
Level Contributor
130 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Safe left luggage airport San Jose

We shall be in SJ for 2 nights and then travelling to Tortuguero.

We will be in Tortuguero for 3 days and moving on to Arenal. We are 3 days in Arenal and then 2 nights Monteverde. We finish our tour in MA for 3 nights and then go straight to the airport. We originally intended having the last night in SJ so we were going to leave a bag there.

As we are making our way direct to the airport from Manuel Antonio and one suitcase is with clothes for our cruise which we are taking from Miami the next day.

Will certainly look up the options but $10 a day is a little expensive - it'll cost us over $100

Thanks anyway

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Safe left luggage airport San Jose

Elaine - I would recommend leaving your extra luggage at whatever hotel you will be staying in San Jose. On your way from Manuel Antonio to the airport, just swing by and and pick it up. There may be a small fee, but I don't imagine it would be anything like $10 a day.

Hoping you have a great trip!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Safe left luggage airport San Jose

mrolfes - As far as I know Nature Air still offers this service. So yes, it was true at one time. I would call to confirm this is still available since it was 3-4 years ago that I inquired but it makes sense that Sansa and Nature Air both have lockers at SJO, albeit a steep price.