We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 Night Hotel for San Jose

Denver, Colorado
5 posts
Save Topic
1 Night Hotel for San Jose

Hello, our flight is arriving at 9:40pm and we want to get a hotel just overnight before picking up the rental car and heading to the carribean coast. Any recommendation for hotels on the west side would be great! Just need someplace safe and cheap for me, my wife and daughter for a night.

Thanks

Z

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 Night Hotel for San Jose

You want to stay in Alajuela as that is were the airport and rent a cars are located. San Jose is a 20 min drive. Have a look at Adventure Inn & Casa Bella Rita.

Denver, Colorado
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 Night Hotel for San Jose

Hello, Thank you for the reply. I will look at both. I should have said San Jose Area I guess :)

Thanks

Z

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
57 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 Night Hotel for San Jose

Try Coconut House in Alajuela; cheap option, lovely owners and lovely breakfast!

Heredia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 Night Hotel for San Jose

The Hotel Days located in San Jose, good location for an early start and close to highway 32 to the caribbean, car rentals always deliver the cars in the hotels.

http://www.dayshotelsanjose.com/web/

Level Contributor
393 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 Night Hotel for San Jose

I second the Adventure Inn. My family stayed there on our forst and last night when we visited CR. It's convenient, clean and safe!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 Night Hotel for San Jose

I would stay in Alajuela. In fact, I would just take a taxi to your hotel after you arrive and arrange to pick up your car the next morning. Really easy.

Some lodging in Alajuela includes Hotel Los Volcanes, Orquideas Inn, Alegria B&B, Casa Antigua, Casa Bella Rita. Of these, Alegria B&B is my favorite.

From the rental car offices (most of which are in Alajuela near the airport) it is easy to get onto Rt 32 for the coast.

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 Night Hotel for San Jose

Take a look at La Boruca, plenty of excellent reviews on Tripadvisor. North of town very close to the highway. Owner can assist with car rentals.

http://www.laboruca.com/

San Lorenzo, Costa...
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 1 Night Hotel for San Jose

Try Rincon de San Jose . Not expensive and well maintained

http://www.hotelrincondesanjose.com/

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1 Night Hotel for San Jose

Best Western Irazu or Barcelo San Jose Palacio...two great hotels...safe and nice...

roadadavisor

Portsmouth, Virginia
Level Contributor
276 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1 Night Hotel for San Jose

You will definately want to stay in Alajuela, Adventure Inn is well rated and close by the airport and car rentals.

A bit confused that a couple of people suggest staying in Alajuela and mention Casa Bella Rita as an option. Steve & Rita's B&B is in Santa Ana, about 25 minutes from the airport, further away from car rental and on the opposite side of town from where you'll need to go in the morning.

Casa Bella Rita is a great option and convenient if you're headed to the Pacific beaches or staying in the central valley, not so much if you're headed to the Caribe.