We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Airport hotels

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
12 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Best Airport hotels

Staying 1 night in San Jose area (near aiprort) on my trip back to the states. Would like a reccomendation on hotels near airport with shuttle service. Early flight and don't won't to travel far. Thanks

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Airport hotels

Check the Hotel Aeropuerto in Alajuela or the Holiday Inn Express or the Hampton Inn

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Airport hotels

Holiday inn Express and Hampton Inn are both large, American-style airport hotels, very near the airport.

I would recommend staying at a Costa Rican style hotel for your last night. Hotel Aeropuerto would be great. Also look at Hotel Los Volcanes, Alegria B&B or Orquideas Inn. These three don't have a shuttle but will pay your taxi to the airport. Some others - Casa Antigua, Buena Vista or Hotel Pura Vida.

Playa Conchal...
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Airport hotels

May depend on your budget?

footprintscostarica.com/index.php?reg=6

CALI
Level Contributor
447 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Airport hotels

Check Adventure Inn , close to airport, they pay taxi both ways. Their website has so much info for travel, either do it yourself or they will arrange guides.

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Airport hotels

Orquideas grounds and restaurant are great, but their rooms are not. When I stayed they charged $12 per person for airport transfers. That may have changed. They are not close to the airport so you have to allow extra time to get to the airport especially if it is traffic time. I prefer Adventure Inn over Orquideas, but it is not close to the airport either. It isn't far, but again if it is traffic time you have to allow for that. I have still not found my ideal affordable place to stay over night in San Jose. . If you are going to be at the hotel for more then just sleeping I agree you may want to find a more Costa Rican style hotel, but if it is just for sleeping and convience then Mike gave good advice. If you want to go higher end the Marriott is very nice and very convient to the airport.

Edited: 20 January 2012, 22:48
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,765 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Airport hotels

Hampton Inn and Suites..Holiday In Express...most Travel Agents recommend them...good location...free shuttle to SJO...just 4 minutes from SJO...

roadadvisor

7. Re: Best Airport hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2013, 10:43