We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday in San Jose

Portland
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday in San Jose

I am going to Montezuma via San Jose and will only be in San Jose for one day--a Sunday. I would really like to check out the markets while I'm there. It seems that the central market is closed on Sundays, but I read about the Mercado Artesania. I haven't been able to find any information about whether it's open on Sundays. Any information about this or any other markets that are worth checking out (that will be open) are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday in San Jose

Yes, it is open after 12, perhaps this site may give you more information http://www.mercadoartesania.com/

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,952 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday in San Jose

Not much going on around San Jose on a regular sunday...if you have a car you can drive around the city ...is a small market by National Museum...or visit Moravia a lot of places there to shop for some great native handicrafts..

roadadvisor

Portland
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday in San Jose

Thanks CajonTraveler and roadadvisor for the information. It is much appreciated!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,952 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday in San Jose

You are WELCOME...please enjoy my country as we natives do!

roadadvisor

Portland
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday in San Jose

I am so looking forward to it! This is my first time outside of the US and Costa Rica sounds amazing. Roadadvisor, I appreciate all of the helpful advice you've given throughout the Costa Rica forums. You've shared so much useful information and I know it's trustworthy because it's coming from someone who clearly cares about their home and genuinely wants to be helpful. I've read a lot of your posts and appreciate your thoroughness and thoughtfulness.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
268 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday in San Jose

After we missed the market on a Sunday we were told by many locals that the central market IS OPEN on Sundays because that's when the locals are off work and go shop! Don't know why everyone led us astray! Its ok though we went to the Parque De Diversiones and enjoyed it! I recommend going there and people watching. So much fun! The rides are pretty good too!

7. Re: Sunday in San Jose

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 10:42