We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which car hire firms will deliver to a hotel near SJO?

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Which car hire firms will deliver to a hotel near SJO?

Hi all

We are coming to Costa Rica in January and had planned to hire a car as soon as we arrive (flight gets in at 830pm).

However I am now thinking we should instead get a taxi to our hotel(likely to be in Alajuela) because I don't fancy a drive straight after a flight.

Will care hire companies deliver a car to the hotel the following morning (say 7am) or will I need to get a taxi back to the airport to pick up the car? what's the likely fee? I have heard Adobe are good btw.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which car hire firms will deliver to a hotel near SJO?

All the majors will deliver to Alajuela, but some have a minimum 1 week rental to do so, plus a delivery service charge. As to which one, I have attached a TA link to give you some ideas, and other members of this Forum will undoubtedly chime in with their own experiences and suggestions. One important thing to do is pre-book your vehicle, as taking a chance in our high season to find a car and a reasonable deal would be impractical. Decide on a company, make your booking, and when the vehicle is delivered check it thoroughly, as you will be 100% responsible for any and all damage. The link is here tripadvisor.ca/Travel-g291982-c109576/Costa-… and regarding the mandatory insurance here tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g291982-i813-k3620… To start off the suggestions, I have had great experience with Tricolor http://www.tricolorcarrental.com/ Have a great and safe holiday.

2. Re: Which car hire firms will deliver to a hotel near SJO?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 05:17