We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rentals

san jose
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
car rentals

I highly recomment VAMOS car rental agency in san jose. They have the best rates, the most helpful and friendly agents {anibel} who speak perfect english and are willing to work with all sorts of issues regarding car rentals. These guys are fun, professional and overly helpfull. No hidden costs!! It was a great experience for me to use this company, since renting a car in costa rica can be problematic. The cars are new and have gps systems....really easy driving....

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,649 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rentals

Always good to read a positive review for a car rental company. Thanks for sharing!

San Jose
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car rentals

Thank you for your post. I see from Vamos website that not all their rental cars are really new. They still keep the Terios make that has been replaced with the Bego. The Jimmny I believe is also an older car make. ANyway, I am glad to hear that you had a great experience with you. Are you Costa Rican or just living in San Jose?

San Jose
Level Contributor
88 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car rentals

Dear gildasasso,

Thank you very much for your kind review. My name is George Schwarzenbach, I am the managing director of Vamos Rent-a-Car. I hope that you do not mind me posting a response to this review.

First and foremost we are flattered by your kind words pertaining to our staff and that our cars left the impression that they are new. As crpuravida aptly pointed out, our fleet is not entirely new. However, we do subject our cars to a rigorous maintenance protocol, to ensure a flawless operation.

In regard to the car models, this is the last season for the Daihatsu Terios in our fleet; so it will not be offered for the upcoming season. The Jinmy is still produced by Suzuki and is widely in circulation throughout Costa Rica.

I hope that my comments have been helpful. In any case, I am always glad to have your review. Thank you.

Sincerely,

George

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: car rentals

Gildasasso thank you for sharing your experiences, it is great to hear they did a good job.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,936 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car rentals

Thank you nice to heard good things!

roadadvisor

6. Re: car rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2013, 06:17