We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pick ups at Airport and a direct shuttle to Arenal?

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
246 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Pick ups at Airport and a direct shuttle to Arenal?

I have been looking on the interbus and grey line websites and it seems like they don't pick up at the airport - one suggested taking the free Holiday Express shuttle and they will pick me up there.

My flight arrives early afternoon so I wanted to get on my way to Arenal (or Puerto Viejo - still haven't decided) right away.

Any suggestions on companies that offer pick up at airport and direct to Arenal?

Thanks!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pick ups at Airport and a direct shuttle to Arenal?

They don't pick up at the airport probably because of fees/taxes, but the HI Express shuttle is very easy. best deal using a shared shuttle.

CR Ground Transfers offer a shuttle service costaricagroundtransfers.com/san_jose_airpor…

Otherwise, here's a list of suggested shuttles and private drivers that TA CR has put together tripadvisor.ca/Travel-g291982-c109576/Costa-…

Have a great trip.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,017 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pick ups at Airport and a direct shuttle to Arenal?

Well the best ones Interbus and Gray Line...really as for shuttle no many more good options...and that is the way...take a taxi to Holiday Express and meet them there...

roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pick ups at Airport and a direct shuttle to Arenal?

To be picked up at the airport it would have to be a private transfer. Here are some reccomended drivers:

Wilson - wilson_elsy@yahoo.com

Carlos Bogarin - encantados@ice.co.cr

Danny Jimenez - crdannytravels@yahoo.com

Leo Rodriguez - leratravelcr@yahoo.com

Interbus and grayline are a lot less expensive, and they are no internet sharks. The hotel where they pick up is located a 2 minute drive from the airport but they have scheduled times. Have a great trip!

4. Re: Pick ups at Airport and a direct shuttle to Arenal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2013, 10:15