We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Earthquake?

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
79 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Earthquake?

Hello,

I am flying into San Jose on Saturday morning and driving straight to Puerto Viejo. Does anyone know if it will be a problem as a result of the earthquake? Hope everyone is doing well!

Thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,047 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Earthquake?

Road 32 to so far so good...and also the road from Limon all the way to Puerto Viejo...

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE...

Maybe you can ask later on the week...in case anything change...but most of the time it gets better than worse...THANKS GOD!

roadadvisor

California, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Earthquake?

You should be fine.

We are flying into Liberia tonight, everything seems okay there--we've been calling a bunch. Not that that has too much relevance.

Anyway, the epicenter is 6 miles away from here:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Hojancha,+Guanacaste,+Costa+Rica&hl=en&ll=10.055403,-85.413208&spn=2.936635,5.410767&sll=34.343436,-115.510254&sspn=9.843661,21.643066&oq=Hojancha&hnear=Hojancha,+Guanacaste,+Costa+Rica&t=m&z=8

So you should be in the clear. All reports I've seen have minor damage in San Jose. PV takes you further away from it.

See you there ;)

USA
Level Contributor
79 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Earthquake?

Thank you!

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Earthquake?

adventuregirl...

USA Enjoy puerto viejo very nice .

HorriblyConfu...

California... you are right, things are almost back to normal, so come and enjoy.

Of course around the southern part of Guanacaste some buildings did suffer, but not around Coco, Hermosa or Tamarindo.

San Jose
Level Contributor
33 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Earthquake?

did you do ok? let us know about your experience. Hope you enjoyed Limon!

USA
Level Contributor
79 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Earthquake?

I had a fantastic time!!! The only thing I would change is all the rain because I was totally unprepared for it. But I loved PV and will definitely be back soon!

7. Re: Earthquake?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2013, 10:15