We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car seats in taxis

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
54 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Car seats in taxis

Hello,

I just read an article that seemed to say that taxis in San Jose are required to provide baby car seats. Is this true, it is very hard to believe. I was wondering if anyone has had any first hand experience with this. I am trying to get from the airport to the Caribe terminal to get to Puerto Viejo and would prefer not to schlep a huge car seat around as we are trying to pack light. Thanks all!

Tamarindo, Costa...
Level Contributor
736 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car seats in taxis

Gabid, Although the law here in Costa Rica is to have your child in a car seat, many of the taxis do not have them. Just because it's the law doesn't mean that it will be adhered to or enforced.

If you book with a transfer company you'll have a better chance of getting them to provide one.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,099 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car seats in taxis

Good answer by Explore...the taxi most provide the child seat...if they do not...they will get the ticket...not the passenger!

Of course for safety reason is always nice to have a child seat!

roadadvisor

Los Angeles...
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Car seats in taxis

what is child's weight? if he/she is big enough to use a booster, they are much easier to lug around. I feel your pain, we had this issue a cpl years ago.

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,631 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car seats in taxis

Don't rely on the taxis to carry a seat!

5. Re: Car seats in taxis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2013, 10:16