We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nature Air

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Nature Air

Nature Air seems to have a more generous baggage policy than Sensa Air and would therefore be our preference.

However, I understand they fly from a different airport. We are considering staying at either Hotel Grano de Oro or Xandari, which would be more conveniently located to make an early morning flight?

Also, when I insert dates for July on their website, it keeps coming up with flights for 30 th April. Is this because they only post their schedule that far in advance, or is there another reason?

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nature Air

I have no idea about the booking policy for Nature Air, but Hotel Grano de Oro would be better for the Tobias Bolanos Airport in Rohrmoser, whereas Xandari is in Alajuela where Juan Santamaria Airport is located. More of a Baggies fan myself....

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nature Air

They only put their schedules out so far in advance. They should be putting out the schedules for green season very soon. If you do stay at Xandari, they have a driver on site, so you can leave as early as you want to.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nature Air

Xandari is outside of Alajuela and Gran de Oro is in San Jose and would be more convenient for the airport in Pavas. You can take a look at a map of the San Jose area or Central Valley to see for yourself.

A nice hotel near the Tobias Bolanos airport in Pavas is Isla Verde. Comfortable and very close to the airport with an excellent Chinese restaurant downstairs.

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nature Air

Xandari - fly Sansa

Grano de Oro fly Nature

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nature Air

Thanks, that makes it very clear.

Tortuguero, Costa...
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Nature Air

Also, I'd like to mention that from my experience Nature Air has better service and better planes. They are also carbon-neutral, buying carbon offsets for every flight (http://www.natureair.com/carbonneutral). I'm not sure if Sansa opened up their daily flights again, but as far as I know only Nature flies daily to Tortuguero.

My parents stayed at Grano de Oro, also caught a Nature Air flight to Tortuguero the next day, and could not praise it enough. They are foodies and highly recommended the on-site restaurant as well.

7. Re: Nature Air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 00:17