We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June weather and zip line tours, San Jose area

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
47 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
June weather and zip line tours, San Jose area

Hi, we will be in San Jose from June 6 - 10. What's the weather like?

We are interested in doing a zip line tour. Do these tours operate in the rain?

Thanks in advance!

Costa Rica City Square Tours
City Tours, Night Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Bus Tours
Paradise Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,436 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June weather and zip line tours, San Jose area

Zip line tours do operate in the rain, but they'll shut down if there is thunder and lightning. You go pretty fast on the lines, and the rain can hit you in the face and obscure your views, so if you can go in sunny weather it would be better. Are you going to be able to explore areas other than San Jose? You can find some nice ziplines in the La Fortuna/Arenal area, and they have pretty lake and volcano views. Monteverde has some nice ones too.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,090 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: June weather and zip line tours, San Jose area

As a costarican indian myself...I can try to answer your question...June and July for my ancestors were great months...so nice that they placed the middle term vacation for schools...etc...right around there...we have around June and July...what we call the little summer of San Juan...which basically is a break on the rainy season...and become a short summer it last most of the time about 22 days...great wetaher...now days with Global warming some variations on the Little summer...but is here most of the time...

Also now days a lot of Zip lines around...close to San Jose...around San Luis and San Lorenzo cloud Forest...about 1.5 hours drive from San Jose on the way to Arenal Volcano...also we have the Aerial Tram...next to Braulio CArrillo...boring tram ride on top of the trees but some people like it...

Of course we have some great ones around Arenal...Manuel Antonio...Monteverde...but if I undertand your question ...you were asking for zip lines around or close to San Jose...hard for some people just to answer a question...

roadadvisor

Mentioned in this post
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
Canada
Level Contributor
4,636 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June weather and zip line tours, San Jose area

La Carpintera canopy is in Tres Rios – very close. Or you can go to Aventuras Orosi. It is a little further but worth it as a great day trip.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
47 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: June weather and zip line tours, San Jose area

Thanks to all for your replies. I'm in San Jose now and have a zip line tour scheduled with Rain Forest Aerial Tram Tours. Very nervous about it, actually.

Orlando, Florida...
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: June weather and zip line tours, San Jose area

Let us know how it went if you have done it already. We are going to CR middle of June and my wife is apprehensive about the zip line we have planned. It would ease her mind if others (other than myself) had a positive experience.

thank you

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
47 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: June weather and zip line tours, San Jose area

Neil G: Tell your wife to give it a try! I have to say, it's fun!

I was very nervous even after the practice zip, very short and low to the ground. Our guides were great, quite patient and understanding. After three zips I knew I could trust the equipment. For the first three, I didn't look down. I looked up or at my hands or at the upcoming platform.

But after 3, with no problems and smooth rides, I felt much better. Even got to where I took one hand off to wave to the others on the platform, and on about zip 7, where the company took pictures, I took both hands off so that is an awesome picture!

When we got to about zip 8 - that one was a lot longer than the others at about 1,000 feet. The guide had offered to come with me on it and I took him up on it. But, two zips later there was another one of about 1,000 feet and I did it alone and enjoyed it.

At the very end was an option to do a zip of 700 meters! That I didn't do. I mean, you couldn't even see the end of it!

But it was fun and I'd so it again. Hope this helps!

Orlando, Florida...
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: June weather and zip line tours, San Jose area

Thank you! Sounds like a blast!

8. Re: June weather and zip line tours, San Jose area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2014, 05:16