We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lost my SJO Hotel

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
291 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Lost my SJO Hotel

I booked a locally owned hotel about 10 minutes from the SJO airport (thanks, Gmail!) - I booked it and they booked at taxi for my 6:30 a.m. May 27th flight and I found them originally by searching a/p hotels with a shuttle through Hotel.com and they are GONE.

It is not Orquideas or Santa Maria or any of the chains like Holiday Inn. It is a small place ... any ideas?

Thank you,

J in Calgary

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,170 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lost my SJO Hotel

I'm afraid you're going to have to explain a little bit clearer. You lost your reservation (e-mail) and aren't sure where you booked? Has your credit card been charged? i.e. check your bank statement

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
291 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lost my SJO Hotel

Yes, I did all of that.

It was a locally owned hotel, a few minutes from the airport. Clean, they did not charge my credit card or paypal. Write English, arranged a taxi for me to catch a 6:30 am. flight, have a good website, Spanish and English - agreed to deal with my scent allergy and let me bring my own sheets, remove shampoos, etc.

I have looked at every hotel in the area on Expedia, Hotel.com, here and on Google - cannot find a thing. Nothing is ringing a bell. I booked it March 30/31 or April 1.

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lost my SJO Hotel

Maybe?

http://www.hotelaeropuerto.co.cr/index.htm

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lost my SJO Hotel

Since you asked additional questions of them, can you check in your "sent" email and see if it is in there?

Otherwise, do you remember the approx rate and anything else about the hotel?

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,170 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lost my SJO Hotel

Do you remember if the lodging was listed on TripAdvisor? Maybe the hotel listings will jog your memory (29 listed). tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g309224-Alajuela_Prov…

Punta Uva, Costa...
Level Contributor
291 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lost my SJO Hotel

I think the one I booked is even smaller, but I'll sure try this one! Thanks, one has to start somewhere. Maybe they'll know another.

The thought of leaving these kind people with a "no show" really hurts me.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lost my SJO Hotel

What did it cost? That may help figure out which one it was. There are a lot.....

Any idea what the surroundings were like or where it was located?

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lost my SJO Hotel

Could it have been Hotel Los Volcanes B & B in Alajuela?

If you booked through Hotel.com there would be a record. Is it possible that your archived it on gmail and it is somewhere other than your inbox? Have you looked under All Mail? Archives? Sent? Unless you deleted it, it has to be there somewhere!!

Puerto Viejo de...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lost my SJO Hotel

I think your sent box might be the best idea. You actually may find a taxi driver waiting for you and simply will bring you to the hotel.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,017 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lost my SJO Hotel

Check hotel Aeropuerto...

Roadadvisor