We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Jose rush hour traffic

Montrose, Colorado
Level Contributor
136 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
San Jose rush hour traffic

I posted earlier about driving from Tarcoles to Copey, and was advised not to take the coastal route if it is raining. If I take Route 27 to Route 2 through San Jose, what time in the afternoon does the traffic start to get bad? When would I want to be leave Tarcoles to miss the afternoon rush hour?

Gracias!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,147 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Jose rush hour traffic

The traffic is bad around San Jose all day...sorry...

roadadvisor

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
27 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Jose rush hour traffic

The traffic is truly bad. I don't know the exact times, but it was bad for me around 6AM - 8AM, and again around 4:30 - 7:00 p.m. In the evening it took FOREVER to get anywhere. I wouldn't advise it unless you want to use it as a sightseeing opportunity... plenty of time to sit and people watch, you'll be at the same intersection for 4 lights before you get through!

3. Re: San Jose rush hour traffic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2014, 06:19