We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last night in CR

San Clemente...
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Topic
Last night in CR

Hello Costa Rican experts :)

Me and my soon to be husband are wondering where we should spend the last night of our honeymoon? We were thinking of San Jose or Santa Ana. Any suggestions? We want to be a close ride to the airport because we fly out at 7am. We are looking for a nice hotel with a local vibe. We don't mind staying outside of San Jose, just want a more local experience and possibly a small town with good food. Let me know what you think!

Thank you!!!

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
15,298 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last night in CR

Look at options in Alajuela. Closest to the airport, and decent looking Tico town.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last night in CR

Xelas is right. The airport is in Alajuela and not San Jose and is a much better choice for your last night. If money is no object - Xandari. Otherwise, look at: Hotel Pura Vida, Hotel Brilla Sol, Hotel Buena Vista, Hotel Los Volcanes, Hotel La Rosa de America or Alegria B&B. Just a few of the many options.

San Clemente...
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Last night in CR

Thank you! As long as we are in a town close to the airport we ate fine. So would you still recommend that town?

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last night in CR

Yes, I would still recommend that town. Many choices of lodging. 15-20 minutes from the airport. Very pleasant. Some of the hotels mentioned are in suburbs of Alajuela. Hotel Pura Vida is in Tuetal. Maybe take a look at some that I recommended and see what you think?

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,998 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last night in CR

We are going to CR for the first time in a few weeks... staying at Hotel Pura Vida (mentioned by Hattie above). You can look at accommodation reviews here on TA ... check both the hotels and B&B's (you'll see the links just above "Alajuela Hotels" towards the top of the page) - tripadvisor.ca/Hotels-g309224-Alajuela_Provi…

tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g309224-d301530-…

Edited: 08 March 2014, 15:43
6. Re: Last night in CR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2015, 06:20