We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Near Airport for Last Day

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Near Airport for Last Day

My husband, 15-year-old son and I are spending a week in Dominical and then we have one more night that we need to find a hotel for. I'm trying to decide between staying in the city of San Jose or somewhere along the outskirts. TA reviews by people saying they felt unsafe in the city are pushing me towards staying along the outskirts, but then I'm concerned we'll have nothing to do. We plan to leave Dominical fairly early, so we'll have a good part of a day to explore another area and our flight the next day isn't until 1:30 in the afternoon. Does anyone have any recommendations? I thought about going to either Irazu or Poas, but being that we'll be arriving in the afternoon there might not be much to see with the clouds, particularly since we will be there in early July.

Dominical, Costa...
Level Contributor
185 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hotel Near Airport for Last Day

One more to check out is La Riveria in Belen that I have been using for 6 years. It is in a nice neighborhood with a couple of place to have a nice dinner you can walk to or a nice place right there at the hotel. Have a great time in Dominical.

12. Re: Hotel Near Airport for Last Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 May 2014, 17:17
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hotel Near Airport for Last Day

The airport is actually in Alajuela, not San Jose, and there is lodging of all sorts and all prices 15 minutes or less from the airport.

And there's a lot to do in the Alajuela area. You can visit Zoo Ave, for instance, or just walk around the downtown area of Alajuela and do some shopping or banking or have a choice of restaurants. Get an ice cream and sit in the Central Park and watch the world go by.

There is a tour of Doka Coffee farms at 2:30 pm -- you could arrange this ahead of time with your lodging. There's an Espiritu Sanctu Coffee tour at 3 pm.

If you stay someplace like Xandari, I doubt you would feel the need to go and do anything! Just relax and enjoy your last afternoon and night.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,808 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hotel Near Airport for Last Day

Oops PinkLotus. I made a mistake. We paid $125 for the guesthouse at TRR. Your 15 yr old may be an addtl $20. I would email Lesley to clarify. If you are on their webiste there is a pic of a little house on the right. Click that link and it gives all the info on it. Since your flight the next day is not an early one you'll have more than enough time to get to the airport if you choose to stay there. Xandari is gorgeous. Not sure a 15 yr old would love it as much as adults but of course you will have had the wk in Dominical! Leaving Dminical since you have all day there are plenty of places that are easy to stop. You might enjoy lunch in Jaco (we love the Point on the South end right on the beach with surfers to watch and often macaws) Jaco is kind of like a Central American Key West imo. We enjoyed walking along the main street, purchased a few nicer t shirts (My Husband loves higher quality t shirts that are somewhat unique vs the same old same old seen most places in CR including the airport). I bought a nice sundress. A couple of hours is more than enough for us there. Still glad we have now "been there".

Edited: 26 May 2014, 13:47
15. Re: Hotel Near Airport for Last Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2015, 07:15