We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nic cafe Britt shop with best selection and place for coffee

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
306 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Nic cafe Britt shop with best selection and place for coffee

Hi all, which Britt shop is the largest in San Jose area that I can get some souvenirs and actually enjoy coffee inside? Thx!

Puerto Viejo de...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
2,249 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nic cafe Britt shop with best selection and place for coffee

Not sure if there is one in San Jose but they are in the airport.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nic cafe Britt shop with best selection and place for coffee

Cafe Britt is not like Starbucks -- I don't know of any cafe where you can have a cup of coffee and a pastry. They mostly sell retail -- they have a strong presence in airports and also at larger supermarkets. You may also see their coffee used by some hotels.

You can also order their coffees and candies from their website.

Edited: 13 May 2014, 17:48
Puerto Viejo de...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
2,249 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nic cafe Britt shop with best selection and place for coffee

There are many more coffee makers apart from Britt and a lot cheaper as well.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nic cafe Britt shop with best selection and place for coffee

Great point, Geckoes. There are MANY MANY coffee producers and roasters in Costa Rica and pretty much all of them are cheaper than Britt and just as good, if not better.

I was in a little shop recently getting some keys duplicated and happened to notice a little shelf with some locally roasted coffee on it. Named for the guy's grandma, I bought a package of "Gloria" coffee and it was so good, I wished I had bought about 10 packages! I gave it to my son in the US as a gift - but we fought over who would actually drink the most!

One of my neighbors has some coffee trees and roasts his own coffee over a fire in his carport with the beans rotating in a cut down 55 gallon drum. So good.........

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,266 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nic cafe Britt shop with best selection and place for coffee

BRITT is just marketing…with a nice packing…for that they charge a fortune…worth it?? NOOOOO…get 1820 or REY…or Volio…and so many more local brands…BRITT is somebody ego trip…not good coffee at all..

roadadvisr

6. Re: Nic cafe Britt shop with best selection and place for coffee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 06:17